• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give us 3 predictions for Switch 2 launch.

L*][*N*K

Banned
-No Backwards compatibility at launch
-Mario 3D cross-platform launch title
-Tears of the Kingdom and Breath of the Wild Remasters for the first year, each full price.

None of these sound good to me, I will buy it all because I am mentally ill.

Robb

Gold Member
It better not launch with odyssey 2 original sucked no one wants a sequel
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I will consider switch if it’s oled and not fkn plastic screen. Put a normal glass screen on it like steam deck of your phone.
I never had Nintendo outside of fake nes

1) Performance will be sub-PS4 levels
2) It will not feature DLSS
3) It will have full physical and digital backwards compatibility will all Switch games

EDMIX

Easy.

Switch 2 will be a portable with an HDMI out (they'd be stupid not to continue that btw)

1. Mario Kart (even if its a port)
2. Mario 2D Platformer (easy to put together and considers that nostalgia factor)
3. Mario Party (or some sort of community game, like Switch 2 Sports etc)

1. Launches in 1H 2024, new MK and TOTK Upgrade among the launch window (> 6 months) games - is fully backwards compatible with Switch, but doesn't come with an OLED screen
  2. Despite being sold out everywhere for the first couple of months, will fall behind significantly in comparison to original Switch sales numbers. Mainstream consumers don't see a reason to upgrade for the lack of meaningful new features/gimmicks/ways to play. Some might even still confuse the thing with the original, can't be bothered to read the "2" on the box
  3. All rumours of Nintendo reviving long dormant IP like F-Zero are wrong. Nintendo continues to shit out one Mario and Zelda game after the other

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
You'll need to use your phone for in game chat
Switch 2 'upgrades' for games you already own will vary on cost (but between £10 and £20 depending on publisher)
Will have 32 gig on board memory.

Regginator

Anything less than full backwards compatibility - meaning both physical as well as digital - would be a severe disappointment.

Also, I don't expect Switch titles to be ported over, like BOTW and TOTK or whatever, because why would they do that if Switch 2 is backwards compatible? Maybe some remaining games from the Wii U era, like Xenoblade X or Zelda TP and WW, but other than that, I doubt it.

Also also, I very much doubt Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a launch title. It's very likely Switch 2 is releasing in the first half of next year, and we've still seen fuck-all.

Robb

Gold Member
Also also, I very much doubt Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a launch title. It's very likely Switch 2 is releasing in the first half of next year, and we've still seen fuck-all.
Nintendo has been very good at announcing stuff close to release recently though. We didn’t know about Mario Wonder or RPG at all until recently and they’re both out in a few months.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Prime 4 alongside a ‘Switch 2’ reveal trailer with a launch within 6 months.

Last edited:

Sybrix

1. Mediocre specs
2. Amazing games that cant fulfil potential due to weak system
3. Another 5+ years of Nintendo fans bitching & wanting Switch 3

Until Nintendo confirms, I am assuming that Switch 2 is NOT BC. Greater than $399, and your joycons and pro controller are Not compatible. But for your suffering you do get GTA VI, FFVIIR and COD. During Switch 2 lifespan.

1.) Metroid Prime 4

2.) Mario Golf ( just as Mario Tennis Wii U was the base for Metro Tennis Aces. Mario Golf Super Rush was the base for Mario Golf Switch 2). Releasing the first Spring/Summer Switch2 is on the market.

3.) Capcom is always at or near launch. Resident Evil 4, Monster Hunter, or SFVI all make sense. Take your pick.

I’ll go Capcom Vs SNK HD remake as my wildcard. Similar to how Ultra SFII was on Switch, and SFIV was on 3ds.

Other Wildcard… Xenoblade Warriors.

Last edited:

cireza

Nintendo has been doing BC for 20 years. It’ll be insane for them to stop. Wii U played Wii. Wii played GCN. Not to mention the handhelds.
I would also expect them to do this. There was this video from MVG that is interesting to watch.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Nintendo has been very good at announcing stuff close to release recently though. We didn’t know about Mario Wonder or RPG at all until recently and they’re both out in a few of months.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Prime 4 alongside a ‘Switch 2’ reveal trailer with a launch within 6 months.
Yup, it was handed back to Retro in 2019 as well, I think 4.5 years is a reasonable time for them to have it ready.

Mephisto40

Games that look like ps4 / xbox one games graphically

"Remasters" of switch games

Online will still suck

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

New 3D Mario.
Announced no earlier than Dec 2023 and no later than March 2024.
No physical Backwards Compatibility.

Hudo

"Proper" 3D Super Mario game
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Kart 9
Some weird new Nintendo IP (think Arms, Nintendoland, Wii Sports, etc.) and/or some weird third-party exclusive by Ubisoft.

MagnesD3

New Open World 3d Mario based on evolution of Bowsers Fury
TOTK Port
Metroid Prime 4 (Dual release like BOTW)

It better not launch with odyssey 2 original sucked no one wants a sequel
I actually thought it needed a sequel badly, a big problem of the original is under explored game mechanics and a sequel could have really pushed that Game style like Galaxy 2 did making potentially the best 3d Mario, however its been too long for that now, that should have taken place like 2 years ago now its time for the Bowsers Fury Evolution Mainline Game.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
1.Backwards compatibility that somehow runs worse than on original switch games. Nintendo rush to find a solution.
2. Solution is to buy all your old games again.
3. Games priced at £$€90 - discount of 5% if you own a title on Switch already and rebuy in the first 6 months after launch.

EDIT: Seriously, I hope it has a cartridge slot that takes Switch games and that they get a processing boost - no slowdown, resolution boost for dynamic res games would be most welcome, if that's likely, I'll grab one straight away.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
For the Switch launch Nintendo put effort into getitng games from Bethesda. I think this time they'll put effort into From Software and/or Bandai Namco Studios.
Yeah, just reading your prediction instantly got me thinking of the Skyrim reveal during the Switch reveal showcase.

Last edited:

Rykan

1. It will be the same concept as the original Switch with minimal changes.
2. It will be fully backwards compatible with original Switch games
3. It will launch with a “B Franchise” (In terms of popularity/Sales, not quality) game as its major launch line title, probably Metroid prime, and a game that is essentially a minigame collection.

Last edited:
Until Nintendo confirms, I am assuming that Switch 2 is NOT BC. Greater than $399, and your joycons and pro controller are Not compatible. But for your suffering you do get GTA VI, FFVIIR and COD. During Switch 2 lifespan.

1.) Metroid Prime 4

2.) Mario Golf ( just as Mario Tennis Wii U was the base for Metro Tennis Aces. Mario Golf Super Rush was the base for Mario Golf Switch 2). Releasing the first Spring/Summer Switch2 is on the market.

3.) Capcom is always at or near launch. Resident Evil 4, Monster Hunter, or SFVI all make sense. Take your pick.

I’ll go Capcom Vs SNK HD remake as my wildcard. Similar to how Ultra SFII was on Switch, and SFIV was on 3ds.

Other Wildcard… Xenoblade Warriors.

How about a Remaster of Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2

If Nintendo is 'out of gimmicks to stay afloat'.... Why would they make their next console a new gimmick entry over an iteration?
They will eventually run out of gimmicks lets not forget how the Wii-U failed hard with its Ipad gimmick. I doubt the Switch 2 HD will garner enough interest just my opinion. The last gimmick they could try is a Nintendo VR but then after that they're all out.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
1. Complete edition of the latest Zelda
2. Splatoon 4
3. Some gimmick party game
4. Call of Duty back on Nintendo

- Mariokart 9 announcement. Possible launch window so it can sell 70 million copies during the systems lifespan

- GTA V rumors lol

ZehDon

Gold Member
Nintendo cant put a successfull console after another

Who knows if from switch to switch 2 wont be like Wii-WiiU
With the Wii U, Nintendo was still trying to compete for the home console market. With the Switch, they found a way to merge their dominance of the handheld market while allowing them to still exist within the home console market dominated by PlayStation. If they literally just made a beefier Switch and called it a Switch 2, I suspect they'd find continued success in the niche they've carved out. Valve's Steam Deck is their biggest threat, and it's not even in the same postcode in terms of success. I'm not seeing any reason Nintendo don't just continue to print money for another hardware generation.

Top Bottom