• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give valid criticism of some of your favourite games of all time

K2D

Banned
Iirc that is quite easy compared to og the lost for example, I think it is something like killing mom's heart 5 times or something like that.But if you found this hard, you're not ready for the hush , mega Satan or delirium, not even talking about repentance.
I have no trouble getting to or beating Hush/Delerium/Mega Satan.

You have to suicide on sacrificial spikes holding the lost poster..

Ultra hard was brutal until I started cheezin'

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I have no trouble getting to or beating Hush/Delerium/Mega Satan.

You have to suicide on sacrificial spikes holding the lost poster..

Ultra hard was brutal until I started cheezin'
Oh yeah it's like that now? They changed a lot of the requirements for unlocking characters, like the lost, you had to die with specific ennemies at specific levels consecutively...

Reactions: K2D
Zelda Majora's Mask. The waiting for certain events is annoying, because you can only fast forward between day and night, but not to certain dates. Oh, and N64 graphics obviously.

They fixed both in the 3DS remaster, but made so many other things blatantly worse, it sucks. There's lots of things you can give Nintendo shit for, but fucking up Majora's Mask is easily the most irritating thing they ever did in my book.

GTA 4- Clunky Controls that make combat frustrating to play. When I want my character to do something ASAP, they either take their sweet ass time or won't do it unless i hit the button again. Last time I checked an able bodied person in real will not take this long to do shit....realistic controls with purposeful lag suck!!

Lack of variety in the missions. It's mostly go here shoot these people and maybe a car chase here and there but that's about it.

The lack of checkpoints in the original game.

The insane lack of things to buy and do after you complete the main story compared to San Andreas.

There's little to no crime related activities or side missions to do and they decided to replace it with boring ass minigames like bowling and darts. I'd rather rob houses, do hit jobs or anything like that than having to hang with my so called buddies.

The soundtrack gets repetitive after a while.

The lack of weapons compared to SA

The fact that they took away RPG elements like strength, martial arts etc

The insane lack of clothing options

you cant buy property or businesses

No planes to fly

simpatico

Dark Souls 2 has nerfed lighting. Some people say it was to make it run better on consoles, but the lore states that From didn't want to cause a global recession. They knew releasing the E3 version would cause mass unemployment. They sacrificed their own reputation so that the agricultural supply chain remained intact. They can have my $60 whenever they want it just by digging up those OG DS2 graphics files and making them available. Sometimes I just watch the gameplay trailer and touch my monitor longingly.

Gta 4 - it was obvious that there was a ton of cut content and the world could have been more alive.

Also it looked like a watercolor painting at the tome that it came out and that is not a compliment

hinch7

Max Payne 3. Absolutely love the gameplay. The unskippable and long cutscenes does hamper the experience somewhat though.. especially on a replay.

That, and its difficulty spikes is another neg. Where in some areas the game would to put Max right in the thick of it, right middle of several enemies. All of which can 2-3 shot you when out of cover.. which leads to some cheap deaths.

Other than that.. ts one of my goat and still one I come back to from time to time.

Last edited:
DOTA 2 - Players can be extremely toxic and unpleasant to play with. Smurfing is a guarantee in any free-to-play game and DOTA is no exception.

FFXIV - Main cast has too much plot armor.

Smash Bros Melee - Nintendo

RE4 OG - The Island isn't a bad time but something had to follow two of the greatest levels in videogame history.

Dark Souls - Unfinished areas.

Reactions: Gp1
Top Bottom