• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

giveaway: SteamWorld Dig, Wii U eShop Metroidvania dig-a-thon

Thanks! I do feel it's a game that deserves more recognition. Maybe not for it's gameplay since it can be very janky and cumbersome at spots, but for it's fantastic atmosphere and story. I just love these sort of games.
Yeah, well said. Most people that have played it say that it needs better combat but I think it needs NO combat at all! Just exploration, puzzles, the music and the story would have been enough for me. I loved all the different items and little stories that came along with each one, like the Famicom game that the owner regreted naming the protagonist "AAA."

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Yeah, well said. Most people that have played it say that it needs better combat but I think it needs NO combat at all! Just exploration, puzzles, the music and the story would have been enough for me. I loved all the different items and little stories that came along with each one, like the Famicom game that the owner regreted naming the protagonist "AAA."

Actually yeah, having no combat would have been a better choice in my opinion. Since it seemed very unnecessary most of the time. But I loved exploring those creepy empty spaces, even if nothing 'dangerous' came out to attack. Like those sewers near the end, though huge I felt the atmosphere was unparalleled (as with most of the game).

And before I go more off-topic, I just redeemed my code! Downloading SteamWorld Dig now! Yay! :D

Top Bottom