• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Wii U Eshop Games Should I Buy?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
So the EShop will no longer accept credit cards for 3DS and Wii U purchases starting in September.

I dont want to hassle around with getting points or gift cards or whatever so I am considering this the end of my ability to buy games for my Wii U.

I already have most if not all the best phyiscal exclusive Wii U games. What do I need on the Eshop?

I searched around last night and basically I think I will get Metroid Prime Trilogy and Affordable Space Adventures. I am looking mostly for either exclusive games or games that offer a better experiecne on the Wii U. I am on the fence about Steamworld Dig as I do want to play it but i Can get it on PC.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water

yes this seems like an option. I try to buy phyiscal but the physical version, collectors edition and regular edition seems super expensive now. I guess it doesnt matter if i played any of the previous games?

sublimit

Banned
yes this seems like an option. I try to buy phyiscal but the physical version, collectors edition and regular edition seems super expensive now. I guess it doesnt matter if i played any of the previous games?
The only English physical version is the Limited Edition which is only available in Europe so you'll need a PAL Wii U in order to play it. And yes you don't need to play any of the previous games.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The only English physical version is the Limited Edition which is only available in Europe so you'll need a PAL Wii U in order to play it. And yes you don't need to play any of the previous games.

Oh ok ya that makes sense. I do have a PAL Wii U.

sublimit

Banned
its like 150 to 200 EUR. Or hit me with a cheaper link !
Yeah i just checked it on e-bay. Scratch what i said it's definitely not worth it at those prices. I guess i was very lucky to buy it around 70 euros a couple of years ago (from ebay).

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you like JRPGs? For a long time, my Wii U was a dedicated Xenoblade Chronicles / Xenoblade Chronicles X system.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Yeah i just checked it on e-bay. Scratch what i said it's definitely not worth it at those prices. I guess i was very lucky to buy it around 70 euros a couple of years ago (from ebay).

My good friend got it on sale at teh grocery store for EUR 20 :D:D

Ill check tonight how much it is on the eshop (if it is there)

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Anything Nintendo put out that you don't have physically and the SNES/Wii VC games :lollipop_grinning:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

I have the collectors edition!

Thats why I was looking for maybe if there were some eshop only games, IE gmaes that didnt have physical releases?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do I like JPRGs ... :D Like asking if I like strippers.
Thats why I was looking for maybe if there were some eshop only games, IE gmaes that didnt have physical releases?

How do you feel about retro games that were on the eShop? Tons of great stuff there like Pandora's Tower, Muramasa, Earthbound Beginnings, Star Tropics, Breath of Fire, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Ogre Battle 64, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Mario and Luigi, etc.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Most of what I like is already on the Switch or my 3ds. I can't think of anything honestly.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
How do you feel about retro games that were on the eShop? Tons of great stuff there like Pandora's Tower, Muramasa, Earthbound Beginnings, Star Tropics, Breath of Fire, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Ogre Battle 64, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Mario and Luigi, etc.

I tend to skip over non exclusives but ya I think Muramasa was only available on teh Wii and Vita? I will get that. Also Paper Mario.

I was looking at Ogre Battle 64, worth it?

I beat a translated Earthboung Beginnings some years ago.

Great suggestions though.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The fuck? Already? I was scrambling to buy Wii virtual console games just a year and a half ago I feel like.

Technically they are not shutting down the store. They are just removing the ability to buy games directly with a credit card. I read that it's due to some technical issue and I guess they don't want to fix it for these older stores. So if you are like me and you don't want to mess around with gift cards or points or however you buy games without a credit card directly it will be effectively closed the end of August

Top Bottom