• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

dcliqkruqae7pdycsupx.jpg

dcliqlguaaafrueocuhl.jpg

dcliqmqu0aalfa00zujj.jpg

dcliqp4umaafig95lu28.jpg

https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/874483993428631553

TheXbox

Curious how the camera will fare with those larger encounters in the trailer. The last E3 demo only had Kratos fighting one or two guys at a time. The major benefit of the guided, overhead camera from the older games was that it enabled crowd control. Getting shanked in the ass by dudes you can't see while you're fighting someone else could totally suck.

Exentryk

I feel devs should allow us to switch camera distance as we please. I prefer the close up camera while exploring, but in combat, I want it pulled back a little.

Didn't watch the whole trailer but it looks pretty good. Was never into GoW but since this is a reboot of sorts I'll definitely give it a shot.

Holy shit, if we see Fenrir I will lose it.
giphy.gif
Its hard to tell how big they are but Fenrir is supposed to be huge and kills Odin in the Ragnarok. Since there are 2 pairs of eyes in that gif I'm willing to bet thats Geri and Freki which were 2 wolves that accompanied Odin.

I am also assuming that Odin and Thor are the "bad guys" in this game. So who knows, since Jörmungandr says he wants to help you in the new trailer and he fought Thor in the Ragnarok, maybe Fenrir will be on your side as well. Since Fenrir killed Odin in the Ragnarok.

Its hard to tell how big they are but Fenrir is supposed to be huge and kills Odin in the Ragnarok. Since there are 2 pairs of eyes in that gif I'm willing to bet thats Geri and Freki which were 2 wolves that accompanied Odin.

I am also assuming that Odin and Thor are the "bad guys" in this game. So who knows, since Jörmungandr says he wants to help you in the new trailer and he fought Thor in the Ragnarok, maybe Fenrir will be on your side as well. Since Fenrir killed Odin in the Ragnarok.

Oh, I didn't realize there were two wolves in there. Maybe you're right.

I remember researching the world serpent after the reveal last year and Thor is supposed to be it's arch enemy. So I assume we fight Thor if the world serpeant is an ally.

Rozart

Huh. Interesting. I'm learning more about the Norse mythology everyday.

Are you sure? How did you know this? Cus from last year's reveal, Kratos made it seem like his new wife died.
It would need a nice explanation why is she away from her family.
Also did anyone of you notice that Kratos still calls his son "Boy", even after that his real name was revealed? It must be story related and so important since their relations seem ambiguous and they appear to be distant from each others due to many reasons. We saw how Kratos was secretly reaching out to his son last year.

Are you sure? How did you know this? Cus from last year's reveal, Kratos made it seem like his new wife died.
Also did anyone of you notice that Kratos still calls his son "Boy", even after that his real name was revealed? It must be story related and so important since their relations seem ambiguous and they appear to be distant from each others due to many reasons. We saw how Kratos was secretly reaching out to his son last year.
Yeah I get the impression that the wife is dead as well. Though those scenes could be flashbacks/ set in the past.

Still seems more like the kid's aunt/caretaker.

Floody

Probably just Kratos trying not to get too attached. Is my guess anyone.
Just know they're gonna make him say it after something real bad happens to the boy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm genuinely curious who Atreus' mother is.

This seems like it would be too much of a retread of the previous trilogy.

My guess is that this time Kratos doesn't have such a hardon for killing gods, but his reputation preceeds him. So he is both hunted by the Gods and by those who see him as a potential tool to instigate Ragnarok.

There is a notable tortured/Sisyphean motif with Kratos in these trailers.

This seems like it would be too much of a retread of the previous trilogy.

My guess is that this time Kratos doesn't have such a hardon for killing gods, but his reputation preceeds him. So he is both hunted by the Gods and by those who see him as a potential tool to instigate Ragnarok.

There is a notable tortured/Sisyphean motif with Kratos in these trailers.
The voice of the mother/caretaker lady says in the trailer something like "the gods of these realms dont take kindly to outsiders, when they find you, and they will, they will make things difficult"

So you got to kind of assume that the gods will be trying to kill you. And Tyr is the norse god of war and he is boys with Odin. I think its a safe assumption that Odin and gang will be the antagonists of this game. And with Jörmungandr saying he wants to help you and both Jörmungandr and Fenrir being brothers and sons of Loki, that you end up being on that side of the war for at least part of the game.

I dont think Kratos is just out to kill gods in this game just for the sake of vengence but I do think its possible that instead of blind vengence, it will be because he would do anything to protect his kid. So love is his motivation this time around instead of hate.

Top Bottom