• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War vs. Bloodborne

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• God of War

Votes: 259 42.0%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 357 58.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

CuvoVHr.jpg

MiguelItUp

Voting for GoW.

God of War is an incredible game. They essentially changed it up to evolve the game, but it still felt the same, a must have on PS4. Bloodborne is a beautiful looking game. The aesthetic, the music, the art, sound, etc. But to me, it's still just another Souls game with a few coats of paint. Which may not be a bad thing to some folks, but for me it doesn't do a whole lot.

Last edited:

anaphase

I just played God of War for the first time and it's one of the best games I have ever played. I haven't enjoyed a game so much in a goddamned long time.

Now I see you all are saying Bloodborne is better? HOW?! Not sure I believe it.

Might have to pick it up and see for myself.

I can't vote seeing as how I only played GOW, but I came in here thinking GOW > *

Alebrije

God of War is great a masterpiece but Bloodborne has my vote becuase its a new IP and deliveeed the best of singleplayer and PvP modes. The story, ambient and bosses fights on BB are incomparable.

Rubik8

Wow, talk about a Sophie’s choice! I love them both for different reasons, and I don’t know if there is a right answer.

Damnit, I just picked God of War.

Barnabot

Unrelated to this thread but related to the overall GOTY contest: so this how BOTW is climbing to the top of GOTY?

my vote goes to Bloodborne. like 51/49.

Bloodborne is the better game, but God of War is has a much wider appeal and is significantly more approachable, so I can see it winning here.

V4skunk

Banned
As a whole package Bloodborne easily. BB is the game of this gen.
God of War is very good though, one of the best this gen and greatly took the series forward, but sadly the enemy variety is a huge let down.

martino

the fromsoft i like the least but still really really good
we need a lot more game like that

edit : i forgot sekiro i like this one even less.

Last edited:

DjMystix

I voted God of War. Also sekiro > bloodborne IMHO and I know I'm in the ultra minority.

Last edited:

Denton

Both solid 7/10

God of War has more immediately enjoyable narrative with its buddy comedy dynamics, Bloodborne was deeper and interesting and atmospheric. But ultimately both are action games about killing monsters and I am kinda bored with that. But Bloodborne I guess.

Bloodborne is not clicking with me sadly.

Loved Demons souls, dark souls. Darksouls 2 not so much. 3 neither.
But Bloodborne.. I can't get into it.

FunkMiller

Ouch. This one hurts.

I loved God Of War, but in terms of story originality, lore, addictive gameplay loop, atmosphere, world building, challenge, community, and replay value - Bloodborne is superior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom