• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War VS. Outer Wilds

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• God of War

Votes: 248 83.5%
  • Outer Wilds

Votes: 49 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

hbDUE0X.jpg

Last edited:

Strategize

Question, I'll post it in both these threads, why did you decide to do this in a bracket and not just a larger poll like the GOTY threads?

I'm just looking at the bracket, and there's a couple of games in there that have tough matches in the first or second round that could do better in the another format (TLOU2 vs P5 and Bloodborne vs Sekiro come to mind, two of those 4 getting rounded is brutal). It's not really voting for your overall game of the gen, rather just individual matches.

iorek21

One of the hardest face-offs here.

Outer Wilds is simply amazing and somewhat innovative.

God of War is the best PS4 exclusive.

Very hard choice

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Honestly, that wasn’t hard at all. You should have picked a more impactful game like Fallout 4.

Edit: fixed

Last edited:

drotahorror

Wanted to play Outer Wilds but the PC port is locked to 60 and feels absolutely awful. Not because it's 60fps but because of some other fuckery they never fixed.

JLB

Banned
I wonder how many of the voters actually played both games. I have to say that played both, but since i dont own a ps4, played much more of OW. Maybe these elections should be somehow restricted to owners of both platforms.

I wonder how many of the voters actually played both games. I have to say that played both, but since i dont own a ps4, played much more of OW. Maybe these elections should be somehow restricted to owners of both platforms.
However in this case both a PS4 only owner and a PC only owner (via PS Now) could've played those games. It's impossible to restrict votes and btw it's only a poll on a videogame community, it's not that important anyway.

A Indie Game vs. a AAA blockbuster 1st party studio Sony game hmm make sense? just for that i pick Outer Wilds i always root for the underdog in this ridiculous Versus lol

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
However in this case both a PS4 only owner and a PC only owner (via PS Now) could've played those games. It's impossible to restrict votes and btw it's only a poll on a videogame community, it's not that important anyway.

good point, i forgot that OW was actually released on ps4.

GonSama

Again, the "pairing" just doesn't make sense.
God of War is simply one of the contenders for Game of the Generation.

ZZZZ

I haven't played The Outer Wilds, but i heard a lot of good things about it. Too bad it's up against one of the best of the generation.

Top Bottom