• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall - Ps5's first game trailer?

Evilms

Banned
giphy.gif

Not very different from the most beautiful PS4 games :/

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
giphy.gif

We can put it down all you want, but matching or beating the best AAA first party PS4 Pro games with a launch game for a new HW platform (a year before launch) and all of this coming from a small studio would be impressive in its own right.

Considering the graphical quality, effects (seems like ray traced reflections and volumetric lighting up the wazoo), and geometry complexity on screen, and that there is a small studio behind it... I think it is quite impressive.

Last edited:

GHG

giphy.gif

Looks like Lords of the Fallen.

It also doesn't look much better than god of war.

Watch devs blow their rendering budget on ray tracing and then wonder why we are not all that impressed...

The start of next gen will be like the start of the 360/PS3 gen when everything looked the fucking same won't it?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Watch devs blow their rendering budget on ray tracing and then wonder why we are not all that impressed...

The start of next gen will be like the start of the 360/PS3 gen when everything looked the fucking same won't it?

We are a year out and we are seeing similar results (HB II on the MS XSX threads is not miles and miles above what the best Xbox One X has to offer either...).

Stuart360

And 4k, which is why i said numerous times that there will bre a lot of next gen games that just look like good current gen games but at 4k. Sure the first party games will go for the graphics, especially the first couple of years to get people in, but the smaller studios and a lot of multiplatform games, current gen at 4k.

That gif is pretty impressive looking since they're saying it's 60 fps, a lot of people ignoring that part when saying stuff like "barely better looking than GoW" like we have actual high-res gameplay footage and like GoW had a good framerate.

Bryank75

Banned
Godfall-PS5-Keith-lee-Interview-weapons.gif

• Exclusive to PlayStation 5 and Epic Games Store.
  • Described as a looter-slasher.
  • Third-person real-time melee combat.
  • Developed with Unreal Engine 4.
  • Ray tracing.
  • Solo with coop 2 or 3.
  • 60fps.
  • Trailer was all in-engine.
  • At PS5 launch (2020).
Looks like a fun coop game, will be a great game to get at launch and play with people who are early PS5 adopters.
Bit like Destiny was on PS4...

SleepDoctor

Banned
Looter shooter, looter slasher... don't like those bullshit games where ridiculous grinding is required.

Will keep an eye on it tho since it looks like it could at least be fun for a playthrough.

Don't read too much into graphics. We're a year out from new consoles and downgrades are always a possibility I rather keep my expectations lower and be impressed.

ZywyPL

Banned
Just when you thought XBX reveal couldn't be any more lame and dull, Sony came up with a random PS5 game trailer right from their asses...

The trailer strongly reminds me of Knights of the Zodiac anime, which is good I guess.

GymWolf

Very underwhelming for a ps5 title...

But i kinda like the art design, maybe a little bit too shiny...

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Looks nice...….Hack and slash, I will play it...…..As for positives (a rarity on forums these days)……..I'm glad that the first PS5 game shown is a 60fps title...…..Looks 4k 60fps.....I told folk our games would be targeting 60fps for the most part and this is a good start....

Looks nice...….Hack and slash, I will play it...…..As for positives (a rarity on forums these days)……..I'm glad that the first PS5 game shown is a 60fps title...…..Looks 4k 60fps.....I told folk our games would be targeting 60fps for the most part and this is a good start....

Watch your wording they're gonna figure out you work for Sony!

Nero_PR

Banned
Not impressed at all. Can't say much of this no-name launch title, most of them are always forgettable.

Ar¢tos

In-engine trailer....
Itsfuckingnothing.gif
People want to see what the actual game looks like running on a ps5, not a target render or a tech demo that shows the engine capabilities...

xviper

Nothing impressive at all, most ps4 games look like this or even better.

Deep down trailer was impressive because it looked much better than anything on the PS3.

I'm sure there are other much more impressive looking launch titles, they just chose to show us the worse.

Nothing impressive at all, most ps4 games look like this or even better.

Deep down trailer was impressive because it looked much better than anything on the PS3.

I'm sure there are other much more impressive looking launch titles, they just chose to show us the worse.
I don't know if it's a strong argument to cite a game that hasn't actually released as a positive example of how to advertise your new console generation.

GermanZepp

The trailer looks VERY lame. Hope turns out at least into a decent game. EDIT: That gif looks pretty good. It peaked my interest

Last edited:
Not much probably...

I guess they're line of thought was: hey Coop hack and slash loot game, that will be released on PS5 and Epic Game Store.... It's the first Ps5 game announced, get hyped!
I wonder if this is a trend for Sony to have deals with Epic - wasn't the rumor that horizon Zero Dawn would be an Epic game store PC exclusive?

This is complete speculation, and it may mean nothing, but there could be a deal between these two behind the scene.

Top Bottom