• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall's "Primal Update" goes live, available now on PC and PS5

2e8aa1c69eecc9ce5f9cf49ee43f8ee4eefa43fc_2_690x388.jpeg

• Ascension Levels – Now let you power up even after you’ve reached the level cap, granting you new Ascension Powers and Ascension Bonuses.
    Primal Items – Add a compelling dimension to loot hunting, injecting a massive buff to the item’s primary trait as a new loot modifier. You’ll be able to view the impact of these effects with our new Detailed Player Stats Screen.
  • Tower of Trials– Both regular and Ascended versions of the tower received a substantial overhaul and expanded content including fresh new objectives, better rewards, greater challenges, and surprise events that will force you to adapt and test your builds. This increased difficulty will definitely make good use of your new Ascension Levels and Primal modifiers.
    • Ascended ToT and ToT now have you pick Banes, which are negative effects on the player. The harder the Bane, the better the loot bonus!
    • Ascended ToT is the only way to get Primal Items
    • Ascended ToT is now heavily condensed: 30 Trials instead of 100, and provides many more keys per Trial surpassed.
  • Dreamstones – Dreamstones have undergone extensive changes, including improved loot targeting and increased Electrum rewards. We’ve also added an entirely new class of items called Volatile Dreamstones that can further improve your rewards.
  • Zenun Shopkeeper – Zenun is now an in-game vendor that lets you buy weapons with your in-game resources to gear up for your challenge runs. Head to the Sanctum to see what Zenun has available for you today!
  • More Quality-of-Life – This content update includes various bug fixes, player weapon refinements, co-op tech enhancements and other QoL improvements. The full list of updates can be found below.

---------------------------------------------------------

Personal thoughts:

I hopped in to try it out. The stuttering I experienced at launch (on my PS5) is completely gone. Input feels better. Not perfect, but better.

Grinded a few ascension levels, goes pretty fast. I already have the Plat so I don't need to complete AToT again but will hop in for some primals later today to see if they are beastly or not.

I still don't think this is a great game, and those of us who were bugged leveling up to 50 still are missing some skill points, an issue I assume is just impossible to fix at this point.

I don't know how much the game costs now, but if you can get it for 30 bucks or less than I say give it a shot, though I bet it is on PS+ soon.

edit

Oh, and still no matchmaking. I hate this.

Last edited:
How is the Plat?

At launch it was a fucking nightmare, maybe one of my least favorite Plats ever.

The last trophies for pretty much everyone are Ascended Tower of Trials (basically the hardest endgame mode). You get one trophy for making it to level 10 of the tower, and the last trophy for getting to lvl 50 of the tower.

In order to do this you basically had to grind for another dozen hour or so to spec for one of two or three OP builds that can actually make it all the way through the AToT. At the time there were literally only a couple builds viable for doing this solo.

There is no matckmaking, so your only other way was to go on Reddit or Discord and try to find a few people who would help you get to tower stage 50.

Problem with that is it takes about 3-4 hours and if anyone disconnects or system crashes, you're fucked.

Now, in this update they say they changed the AToT to where the max stage is 30, not 100, so I dunno what the new trophy requirement is. I am not on my PS5 right now so I can't check.

Waiting till it comes to Xbox or Game Pass. Game is confirmed to be on other platforms after May.

Yeah I am sure it will be on Game Pass. And I also think it will be offered on PS+ in one of the next few months too, so I wouldn't spend more than 25-30 bucks on it right now. Just IMO

Last edited:

TheFawz

Haven't followed the game's post-launch udpates much, but that doesn't sound like much. I guess they're saving the big shake-ups for the paid expansion.

Have they done anything since launch to make the different Valorplates actually change the playstyle in a significant way?

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I can't imagine the paid expansion is going to go too well for them. I hope it does, but man, I've heard absolutely no one talking about this anymore. It feels like the traffic is completely gone already.

Haven't followed the game's post-launch udpates much, but that doesn't sound like much. I guess they're saving the big shake-ups for the paid expansion.

Have they done anything since launch to make the different Valorplates actually change the playstyle in a significant way?

Yeah, it isn't much. It is basically how the game should have launched. Shame it comes 4 months too late.

And no, from what I can tell no changes have been made to valor plates. This is my first time playing since getting the plat, I dunno what was changed in between, but that aspect seems unchanged to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Godfall has such a boring enemy design, when we have games like Monster Hunter and Soul series, why should I even bother with this game?

What's even worse than the enemy design are the really boring and generic boss encounters. Basically re-skins of previous enemies, just with more HP and higher damage.

With the exception of two that just litter the ground with AOE DOTs, they mostly play out the same.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What's even worse than the enemy design are the really boring and generic boss encounters. Basically re-skins of previous enemies, just with more HP and higher damage.

With the exception of two that just litter the ground with AOE DOTs, they mostly play out the same.
I also heard that the game have checkpoints for boss’s health. They literally turn the boss fights in to grind.....who thought this was a good design choice?

Leyasu

Banned
I thought that this game looked pretty good. Shame to hear all the bad stuff about it.

As someone above said, I will wait for the eventual gamepass release to try it out.

FUBARx89

american psycho GIF

I remember being a dumbfuck who spent 70 bucks on the pre-order for it.

And no, I didn't learn my lesson. I will spend 70 more on Outriders, and 70 more on the next looter after that.

I'm a loot whore, what can I do?

You paid full wack for anthem didn't you hahahaha.

Tbf, Godfall looked like shit from the get go, Outriders at least looks entertaining and there's a demo this month.

MrS

Banned
Superb changes that really help with the loot grind as you can now target what you want. Looking forward to trying out ATOT tomorrow.

Dumb cunts in this thread talking shit about a game they have no knowledge of or interest in is beyond moronic. Fuck outta here if you're not willing to give this game a fair shake.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

I love how they are just ripping shit straight out of Diablo 3 which is exactly what they should be doing because D3 is fantastic.

Reactions: MrS

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I actually enjoyed this game up through the final boss and then was totally done with it.

I got most of the trophies but those tower ones can die in a fire.

So I guess my point is that I can’t imagine playing through this game and then wanting a whole lot more of it afterward.

I got to ascension level 140 yesterday, played a lot through the weekend.

I have only had 3 primals drop for me so far, and one I accidentally salvaged because I am a Fucking Moron.

Any luck on farming them Primals for anyone else?

Top Bottom