• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godot 4.0 now in Beta

Crayon

There has been so much great development on this engine and it seems like it should be getting more traction. Maybe there are more games than I realize. I did some tutuorials and it was really nice.

Deerock71

Expected:
gal gadot GIF

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Kuranghi

I'm waiting for Godot 5.0 with new and improved acting abilities.

It would be cool to learn something new, feeling a bit topped out in my current industry.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I really like Godot but they have to get out of OpenGL and move on to Vulcan.

Last edited:
Tried on and off for like twenty years.

The logical part of my brain is not designed for it.
there are other things you can use godot for in game development for example level design its a very time consuming part that lot of people that are great coders have a hard time to do right and its actually something fundamental for the game, you can basically start playing with a character and see the scene and add parts you think would be cool to include, someone else can do the code and modeling and leave the pieces ready for you to simply drag and drop and build your scene

Tried on and off for like twenty years.

The logical part of my brain is not designed for it.
i'm only capable of myspace levels of HTML. i wanted to make games and other shit but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks but, you see I'm more of a Game Maker kind of guy. :messenger_sunglasses:
i tried that a few years ago. following a tutorial i made a barely functional "game" where some dude moves side to side or up and down in a "room". was so proud of myself.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
i'm only capable of myspace levels of HTML. i wanted to make games and other shit but it doesn't make any sense to me.
Game Maker is quite simple when it comes to coding. Check out Shaun Spalding's tutorials on youtube if you ever want to dive into it.

It reminds me a lot of JavaScript. Lots of different ways of tackling the same issue and it's quite easy.

If you guys are interested in learning to code I'd advise to give JS a go. It's easy, there's ton of tutorials and it might end up landing you on a job position.

Last edited:
Game Maker is quite simple when it comes to coding.

It reminds me a lot of JavaScript. Lots of different ways of tackling the same issue and it's quite easy.

If you guys are interested in learning to code I'd advise to give JS a go. It's easy, there's ton of tutorials and it might end up landing you on a job position.
i tried gamemaker but even that was too much. been thinking about giving it another try but realistically making a game even just a small demo one on my own is not possible. i simply don't have the brains for it.

i know a tiny amout of JS from trying to build HTML site. best i could do was make an "accordian" thing with someone elses work. this is the page i used https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_accordion.asp lol

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
i tried gamemaker but even that was too much. been thinking about giving it another try but realistically making a game even just a small demo one on my own is not possible. i simply don't have the brains for it.

i know a tiny amout of JS from trying to build HTML site. best i could do was make an "accordian" thing with someone elses work. this is the page i used https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_accordion.asp lol
Hey everyone has to start somewhere! In fact, we used that webpage a lot as reference during my student days. And still use it sometimes nowadays. :goog_relieved:

Top Bottom