• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to Mexico next week for the first time, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
After reading all the reactions in this thread, Don't go.

8dNb3P8.gif

RM8

Lol no dude gaming is overpriced to the infinity and beyond in mexico.
He's into retro gaming (como debe ser :D), Mexico is actually pretty great for old used games since lots of people don't realize their value.

Plus OP is a PAL gamer, he might find interesting stuff over here.

Lol no dude gaming is overpriced to the infinity and beyond in mexico.
Well, sorta, but you can find reasonable deals (sometimes, not that frequent). I got this at game planet zona rosa for about 62 dlls (as of today's rate). I honestly don't consider it terrible

ADNRTro.jpg

Bauhaus

Banned
Also, it's worth buying something gaming related there? I'm on retrogaming more than anything.

You can get a pretty good deal buying retro games since most people don't realize their true value. NES, SNES, PSX and PS2 games are easier to find because they were the most popular consoles back in the day.
ALWAYS barter for a lower price, most of the time they would cut the price from $20 to $50 pesos.

Leonsito

He's into retro gaming (como debe ser :D), Mexico is actually pretty great for old used games since lots of people don't realize their value.

Plus OP is a PAL gamer, he might find interesting stuff over here.

Mexico is PAL? I thought it was NTSC, Gameboys are region free, that would be great to find.

You can get a pretty good deal buying retro games since most people don't realize their true value. NES, SNES, PSX and PS2 games are easier to find because they were the most popular consoles back in the day.
ALWAYS barter for a lower price, most of the time they would cut the price from $20 to $50 pesos.

Any gaming shops you can recommend? Or just secondhand shops?

Thanks for all the advice guys, i have more info on my trip, I'll we stayin one night in Minatitlan and 6 in DF, near la columna de la independencia, seems like a good place to stay. I don't think I will have too much time to make tourism, but I will try to eat a lot of the recommended food.

Also, it's worth buying something gaming related there? I'm on retrogaming more than anything.

Wait until you get home, games there are overpriced. A new game is 1000 pesos which is about $90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom