• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goku Black trailer for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/786705915164577792

Get hype.

No ki blade yet though, which sucks, but I assume that'll come with
Super Saiyan Rose Black
(Nevermind, seems it's in the animations for his basic attacks?)

Also, if you guys can, please don't spoil who Black is in this thread. Lots of people are waiting for the dub and the reveal is really worth not spoiling yourself.

EDIT: DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR THE CURRENT ARC OF DRAGON BALL SUPER

Eolz

maxresdefault.jpg

Expected a bit more tbh.

DarkKyo

I haven't played a Dragonball fighting game since the late PS2/early PS3 era.. have the mechanics improved at all? How was Xenoverse 1? Does 2 look promising so far?

I'm waiting until Super gets a dub to get into the show. But I will say, despite not watching the trailer, I'm interested in Xenoverse 2 because what the fuck is Black Goku?

Goku Black has been a really cool villain in DBS so far, so I'm glad he's already making his way into the games. Can't wait for the DLC that explores his storyline proper.

Funny thing is that it'll be the first time the Goku Black saga is explored in english at all... in a video game. They really gotta get around to releasing DBS in the US properly.

All those characters from the Universal tournament and the only character they picked from Super was a pallette swap lol. He is a major character but still...

All those characters from the Universal tournament and the only character they picked from Super was a pallette swap lol. He is a major character but still...

Super is going to be represented by the game's DLC, Goku Black and Future Trunks (Super) are just freebies to tease that upcoming stuff.

There's no way they'll leave out Hit, Cabba, and Frost. We might get everyone from that tournament, actually. They're all in Dragonball Fusions.

Piers

Presumably they developed Black before he was even fleshed out in the anime.
I wonder if they didn't even know of his Super Saiyan form at the time of development.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I am so incredibly out of touch with this DBS stuff who the hell is Goku Black?!

Sou Da

Hey Westerners!

Are you excited for these characters exclusive to the anime you can't even legally watch?

What the fuck is wrong with Toei?

Piers

Hey Westerners!

Are you excited for these characters exclusive to the anime you can't even legally watch?

What the fuck is wrong with Toei?

That is incredibly weird, yeah.
On the other end of the stick, it was equally bizarre to see Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 having the whole ending dubbed before the anime. It just didn't seem right.

Krejlooc

Banned
The best thing about Goku black, IMO, is how they apparently defeat him if the leaks are true. DBS has really found it's groove here lately. This is the best saga since... damn, maybe the freeza saga?

because what the fuck is Black Goku?

The best dragonball villain in a looooong time.

Galang

Banned
A bit underwhelming all things considered. I guess he'll get a more faithful move set in the future now that they have more to work with because this seems super generic

Top Bottom