• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gold iPhone Coming From Apple: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Some alleged shots.

3MdmOmH.jpg

rPBclfZ.jpg

Not interested in gold, but if this shot is legit it looks good and pretty understated.

kaskade

It seems like a lot of people thought gold was going to be really gold. This is more in line with what I expected. Just a nice tone. If I end up getting an one I might go for the gold. There's also rumors of there being a 128gb version so maybe 32 will be the bottom end. Birthday is in a little over a week so maybe I'll get it as a belated gift.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
That graphite is giving me crazy Gen 1 nostalgia vibes. Not sure if I love it or hate it, haha. I just want a red 5S :(

Novoitus

Banned
4S revolutionized the camera in the iPhone in my opinion. Plus Siri / Voice typing. It was significant difference.

I am a complete Apple fanboy, I'm just saying I'm disappointed by Apple no longer being on the forefront. I expected things like iWallet (already signed up with the major credit card companies and banking institutions) by now. Not that Google is really there, as the open source / platform method usually ends up in a half-assed result but at least they're trying now.

SIri was anything but revolutionary or innovative.

Somnid

SIri was anything but revolutionary or innovative.

It was the first real attempt at making a voice interface outside of an accessibility feature, it's become a much more standard thing since then and certainly a priority at Motorola, Google, and Microsoft. Don't sell it short, even if you never used it there was a pretty clear impact on the industry.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Dont those little kiosks in the mall make your phone any color you want? I have seen these colors before.

also people will eat up the new colors so that they can show that they have the new one.

I did that with white back when I got my iPad 2

Novoitus

Banned
It was the first real attempt at making a voice interface outside of an accessibility feature, it's become a much more standard thing since then and certainly a priority at Motorola, Google, and Microsoft. Don't sell it short, even if you never used it there was a pretty clear impact on the industry.

=\ nope

DR3AM

aw man, little disappointing that are not changing the size and shape. guess ill wait for the iphone 6. hopefully isnt that that far out

Sapiens

Black iPhones still > all.

Can't wait to day one the 5S - here's hoping the figured out the chipping finish problem.

jts

...hate me...
I guess they're just making the S more distinct from the 5, unlike any previous S gen.

Champagne is the new silver
Graphite is the new slate

Sucks for 5S owners, coz slate is the GOAT.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The graphite one looks amazing. I want it so bad ;_;

My black iPhone 5 is really beaten up though, I don't know how much money I'd get on resale. The finish is pretty appalling all things considered.

Personally think the current black looks better than the graphite. I love the color tone of the back plate on the 5. Too bad the phone turn to complete shit if you don't put a case on.

I wish Apple would be as free with the color choices for the iPhone as they are on the Ipod Touch.

This is incredibly gaudy. It'll be a hit.

Hopefully this means that many more colours will be offered, it would go well with iOS 7's new colour-infused design.

All you guys hoping for more colors really should follow the 5C rumors going around then. Supposedly the C stands for color so a typical rainbow of colors should be coming soon.

tino

Banned
People use Asian/Middle East like gold to justify the gold iPhone, really?

How come there is currently no golden phone in China then?

You know what the Asians absolutely prefer over there? Bigger screen phones.

jts

...hate me...
People use Asian/Middle East like gold to justify the gold iPhone, really?

How come there is currently no golden phone in China then?

You know what the Asians absolutely prefer over there? Bigger screen phones.
Same reason some people say the new 5C is for emerging markets and such.

Truth is, hardly anything Apple ever does is not designed for global, worldwide appeal and market.

Watchdog warns Apple over ‘Champagne’ iPhone

Champagne producers are set to go to war with Apple if they attempt to release their new iPhone 5S in a ‘Champagne’ colour, it emerged this week. It wouldn't be the first time the French watchdog has taken a company to task for co-opting the iconic label.

Tech giants Apple may be preparing themselves for the usual flurry of online critiques when they launch the long-awaited iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C at a conference on September 10th.

They probably won’t have counted, however, on a group of French wine-makers taking them on for potentially releasing a ‘Champagne-coloured’ version of the smartphone.

The CIVC (Interprofessional Committee for Champagne Wine) has made clear its intention to challenge Apple if it dares to invoke the iconic French brand.

“Champagne doesn’t have one single colour,” Charles Goamaere, CIVC’s legal director told local daily L’Union l’Ardennais this week.

“So we can’t say that a ‘champagne’ colour exists. Therefore, any company wanting to use the name ‘Champagne’ would be doing so [only] to attract all the benefits that surround [the label.]”

Apple should consider themselves forewarned. The CIVC, which is responsible for protecting the use of the term ‘Champagne,’ has a winning record in preventing a variety of companies and products from attempting to co-opt the label, as Goamaere warned on Tuesday.

“In almost all cases, we’ve been vindicated. In order to stay informed about abuses, we use some classic tools like brand and domain name monitoring, as well as internet alerts,” he told L’Union.

“We also have an informal network of foreign offices, people from the Champagne region [in north-eastern France] and consumers who, on their travels, let us know about about any use of the word ‘Champagne’ that shocks them,” he added.

In the past, the CIVC has successfully barred the use of ‘Champagne’ in toothpastes, mineral water for pets, toilet paper, underwear and shoes.

US-based consumer review site Techfast Lunch and Dinner on Thursday appeared to support online rumours about the new product's colour schemes, with the following video.
http://www.thelocal.fr/20130830/french-watchdog-warns-apple-over-champagne-iphone

Enco

Who the hell said Apple are calling it champagne in the first place?

This looks pretty troll like to me. Ohhhh nooooo! The iPhone is called champagne!!! So many people will buy it based on the popularity of the French beverage!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom