• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldblum Alert, Level 5: Jeff Goldblum joins Jurassic World sequel cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the...

That was Gennaro, the lawyer. Ian survives and is rescued by Ellie and Muldoon in time for the Rex Jeep chase and his "must go faster" line which later was used in Independence Day.

And then he you know, stars as the main character in the sequel.

Get out.

Didn't the opposite happen in the book?

Malcolm doesn't survive his injuries and the lawyer is a heroic character who survives?

Though considering how the book The Lost World goes...

It was hinted that this would have stronger connections to the original (as in Jurassic Park) than people might expect, so I'm guessing this is a big part of that.
Didn't the opposite happen in the book?

Malcolm doesn't survive his injuries and the lawyer is a heroic character who survives?
No, Malcolm is also survived in the first novel and is the main character in the second.

Gennaro is totally different in the JP novel though and does survive, but
it was revealed in The Lost World that he later died of dysentery on a business trip

Sesha

There it is. I really hope the movie is good. My main worry is the script, which was written by Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, who along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver wrote the script for the first one. I'm not sure who was to blame for the shitty script, but we'll found out, I guess. I just hope the movie doesn't end up being the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas.

There it is. I really hope the movie is good. My main worry is the script, which was written by Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, who along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver wrote the script for the first one. I'm not sure who was to blame for the shitty script, but we'll found out, I guess. I just hope the movie doesn't end up being the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas.
Jaffa and Silver didn't really write Jurassic World. They wrote a version that Trevorrow thought was garbage (and by all accounts it was) and he convinced Spielberg to let him and Connolly rewrite the whole thing. They weren't even going to be credited since their version basically ceased to exist anyway, but then they got the writers guild to help force their way into the credits.

Sesha

Jaffa and Silver didn't really write Jurassic World. They wrote a version that Trevorrow thought was garbage (and by all accounts it was) and he convinced Spielberg to let him and Connolly rewrite the whole thing. They weren't even going to be credited since their version basically ceased to exist anyway, but then they got the writers guild to help force their way into the credits.

Thanks for the explanation. So I have a reason to be worried.

rec0ded1

A scientist would never involve themselves with anything that had to do with dinosaurs after the shit he's been through. Setting movie expectations to very low.

So now I have to catch up on all the Jurassic Parks? Welp.

You can skip # 3, at least.

A scientist would never involve themselves with anything that had to do with dinosaurs after the shit he's been through. Setting movie expectations to very low.

Malcolm is like a moth to the flame. He can't help himself.

He gets himself involved just to be there to see when shit hits the fan like he warned.

Cipherr

giphy.gif

Ht97F8f.gif

Poona

That's awesome. I want them to have original cast members. Disappointed Jurassic World only had that one scientist who you hardly even knew of.

sirap

Well damn.

And here I thought he was trending because of sausage.

Somewhere out there Andy Dick is having a breakdown.

Jacknapes

This is the best bit of news all day so far. Just made the hype level of Jurassic World 2 go from decent to through the ceiling.

The 2nd best bit of news is that Chef Goldblum is giving out free sausages in Sydney.

What the...

That was Gennaro, the lawyer. Ian survives and is rescued by Ellie and Muldoon in time for the Rex Jeep chase and his "must go faster" line which later was used in Independence Day.

And then he you know, stars as the main character in the sequel.

Get out.

Yeah, yeah, I forgot. It's been awhile. I had a brain fart for some reason. Not like these movies released yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom