• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Joystick 2014 - Vote and Get FREE XCOM: Enemy Unknown from GMG

illusionary

This is great for those who haven't yet played it - it's a fantastic game. I've got it on PS3 anyway, as well as a 99p copy from Gamekeysnow a few months ago, so don't really need this - but I'll still probably vote so thanks for the heads-up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I logged into playfire, then it sent me to CVG, which then made me login to their site when submitting the votes. It didn't seem like they were connected at all? My login emails were different.

illusionary

I logged into playfire, then it sent me to CVG, which then made me login to their site when submitting the votes. It didn't seem like they were connected at all? My login emails were different.
The awards are "presented by" GMG, so I'd guess that they'll get data on all entries and work from there for the free copies.

Syriel

Last year I think they did it by email address.

This year they might be linking by email again or a tracking cookie (assuming you linked from the GMG site).

This year they do require linking your Steam account to PlayFire (GMG's rewards thing). This is likely to prevent key reselling. With a linked account they should be able to redeem directly, rather than just emailing a key.

Syriel

I don't get how they will give the game, but I will wait for it, everything is ready.

It will likely be one of three ways:

1) Redemption link (similar to how Humble does it)
2) Steam gift
3) Email key (how they did it last year, but most prone to abuse)

You're not getting anything physical.

Syriel

More details:

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ceive-xcom-free-courtesy-of-green-man-gaming/

CVG Blog said:
  • All voters (including existing voters) will be able to claim their free copy once voting has ended.
  • Voters will be directed to the free game giveaway site and from the 23rd of October using the email address you voted with, you will need to sign-up to Playfire (and link to Steam) in order to receive a verification email and game code.
  • The offer is "while stock lasts" and you'll have to be over 18 to claim.
  • Regular CVG readers will remember that last year this promotion nuked our servers from orbit. We've significantly increased our infrastructure since then, but please bear with us if you experience any problems.

3bdelilah

Banned
Bump for those interested! Tried it and it still works, until October 20th if I'm not mistaking. Meant to try this one a little while now, and there's no better way to start than getting it for free. Hopefully it'll get me to appreciate turn based/strategy games more.

Top Bottom