• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn floor walkthrough gameplay

SamuraiX-

E3 2010: Floor Walkthrough Part I (SD) - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101752
E3 2010: Floor Walkthrough Part I (HD) - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101753

E3 2010: Floor Walkthrough Part II (SD) - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101750
E3 2010: Floor Walkthrough Part II (HD) - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101751

Also, for your convenience....

E3 2010: Trailer (Stream) [SD] - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101507
E3 2010: Trailer (Stream) [HD] - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101508

Brings back memories for me when I played the first Golden Sun on GameBoy Advance. Good times. :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Battle Screens and effect are awesome + good stylus control implementation.

Mael

Oh FOR F***'s SAKE!
Can't they just give us a break?
I still haven't assimilated the awesome conf yet!

I mean they better release it soon because it'll be overshadowed by 3DS if not

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Can't watch it, does it retain the same quality music as the first two?

I think it's using the same composer so that is a good sign at least

I'm hoping there are more videos to come since they only show a small portion of the full demo.

Looks like another quality DS RPG.

Teetris said:
Can't watch it, does it retain the same quality music as the first two?

I think it's using the same composer so that is a good sign at least
I'm not sure if the music that was playing was actually from this game, or something in the background. It was played during the battle scene as well, so I'm not really sure. I didn't watch the whole thing though, so I could have missed something.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
abstract alien said:
I'm not sure if the music that was playing was actually from this game, or something in the background. It was played during the battle scene as well, so I'm not really sure. I didn't watch the whole thing though, so I could have missed something.
Really? They might want to keep the music for themselves for now. GS1, and especially 2 had some epic tunes

The trailer at least had the same instruments and notes style playing from what I remember but seemed kinda bland and nothing memorable so I guess they really do want to save it until the end or something

Teetris said:
Really? They might want to keep the music for themselves for now. GS1, and especially 2 had some epic tunes

The trailer at least had the same instruments and notes style playing from what I remember but seemed kinda bland and nothing memorable so I guess they really do want to save it until the end or something
The trailer music certainly sounded like Sakuraba to me. So yeah, chances are it's the same composer as before.

Battles look lightning quick. And it seems they kept most of the particle effects :)

More goodness for me, heh. Been waiting for this game for a looong time. :D

Kuugrr

This was the highlight of the Nintendo conf. for me. Gameplay and stuff looks good, although the stylus control seems a tad finnicky. Hopefully the music is as good as the previous games.

So psyched. :D

Aeana

Really excited about this now. I never really cared about Golden Sun before, because I had just played the first one and it left me feeling pretty "eh." But back in November, I finally played GS2 and was totally blown away. Instant Golden Sun fangirl, and in total hype mode for this game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aeana said:
Really excited about this now. I never really cared about Golden Sun before, because I had just played the first one and it left me feeling pretty "eh." But back in November, I finally played GS2 and was totally blown away. Instant Golden Sun fangirl, and in total hype mode for this game.

Damn shame that so many people failed to give GS2 a shot on the basis of GS1. 2 was an infinitely superior game in every possible respect, not only out-Junctioning FFVIII, but in some respects, tackling Lufia 2-style dungeons and exploration as well. Easily one of the greatest portable JRPGs ever, even 8 years later.

I'm rather pleased that this new Golden Sun is taking audio and visual cues from the earlier games, though admittedly the technology isn't nearly as exciting as the GBA tech looked by those days' standards.

That it's coming out later this year is insanely great news!

Vanille

Ah, so much nostalgia. Battles look great and are really fluid. Glad to see the crazy spell effects are still present (Ragnarok <3).

Not really sure why people are complaining, to be honest.

ITA84

It looks like this time around attacks on already defeated enemies get shifted, instead of making the attacker defend.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
jesus christ Nintendo. are you trying to kill us?

USD

Attacks actually redirect to the next enemy if the targeted one is killed. Finally. The biggest omission in the battle systems for the two previous games.

USD said:
Attacks actually redirect to the next enemy if the targeted one is killed. Finally. The biggest omission in the battle systems for the two previous games.

About damn time.

Game looks great. Don't think I'll be going with the stylus controls though, that didn't work out so well in the demo.

rexor0717

Day one for this game. Its kinda funny in the second video how the guy is trying to "sell" basic RPG mechanics to the guy watching. He is like "The cool thing is that you can defend, attack, or use magic! So many options!"

Aeana

Mejilan said:
Damn shame that so many people failed to give GS2 a shot on the basis of GS1. 2 was an infinitely superior game in every possible respect, not only out-Junctioning FFVIII, but in some respects, tackling Lufia 2-style dungeons and exploration as well. Easily one of the greatest portable JRPGs ever, even 8 years later.

I'm rather pleased that this new Golden Sun is taking audio and visual cues from the earlier games, though admittedly the technology isn't nearly as exciting as the GBA tech looked by those days' standards.

That it's coming out later this year is insanely great news!
Aaand, in these videos at least, they don't use that superbad italicized font for the text. Better and better!

Shanadeus

Banned
Aahhhh, so frikking awesome!
Shame there's no save transfer functionality though, it would have been neat to have the descendants "inherit" the stats that you had in the two first games. Dunno how they'd implement that though.

Shanadeus said:
Aahhhh, so frikking awesome!
Shame there's no save transfer functionality though, it would have been neat to have the descendants "inherit" the stats that you had in the two first games. Dunno how they'd implement that though.
Who's to say there isn't?

It'd be pretty simple, insert a GS2 cart with a completed game save on it, and ta-da.

wrowa

Aeana said:
Same here.

I was really hyped for Golden Sun back in the day, but the game left me behind disappointed. I liked it and it was a good game (well, after all I searched for all Djinns and stuff, I wouldn't do such a thing when I don't like it), but I expected more.

Well, and then came Golden Sun 2, which was better in nearly every regard. A really great game.

So, I hope that Golden Sun 3 will deliver too. I belong to that strange group that likes the 3D graphics of the DS a lot, so that isn't a problem for me. I don't like that it is played completely with the stylus (I hope you aren't forced to play it that way), but that's not that bad either. I hope Camelot is still able to develop great RPGs.

wrowa

PataHikari said:
Who's to say there isn't?

It'd be pretty simple, insert a GS2 cart with a completed game save on it, and ta-da.
Yep, there even was a end-save state in GS2 just like in GS1, so it probably would be possible. I don't think that they will make use of it, though. Seems like this one is a new beginning for the franchise.

DarkPanda

USD said:

That was the first thing I noticed in the second vid, and thank god they fixed that. Battles should go much quicker now.

After watching the battle vid, I wish we could have those character models all the time. I'm still not a fan of cel shaded look they're using on the field screens.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aeana said:
Aaand, in these videos at least, they don't use that superbad italicized font for the text. Better and better!

Whoa. A DS RPG with fonts that you actually approve of?

JudgeN

I see you can use Dpad in battle so i'm assuming you can use the Dpad to move around correct? If so day -1, even if you can't ill be upset but still day 1 :D

Top Bottom