• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GomTV Starcraft II (GSL) Tournament - Season 3 - Thread of white people in Korea

close to the edge said:
Yeah.. Bunker rush into cloaked banshee into mass Marine/Tank is not very entertaining, especially when not executed very well.
It's not entertaining when the Zerg is so much far behind it's a matter of time anyway.

MVP did all that without bunker rushing and matching the Zergs in expansions. He's just an overall solid player and probably the best Terran in the world right now.

This is not a "Terran imba" post. I'm just kinda sick of seeing the bunker rush in korean games and hope the meta game kinda moves on already.

Mindlog

MC is great.

However, Maka won SCII last night. Shut it down, gg. See you all in Starcraft II: Heart of the Warm.

Why is he building so many command centers? He's not going to... Bahaha, He is!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
Zerg is insanely hard in the late game against Terran, at least for me, but I think it has less to do with Zerg needing a buff but more to do with exploiting the Zerg arsenal more thoroughly. I mean, for fucks sake, if we play our cards right, we have vision of the ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD.
only if your opponent isnt playing his cards right.

can you think of a zerg mechanic that isnt really used? everything zerg has more or less found its place by now. the only really useless upgrade being adrenal glands.

Zen

Banned
Sorry for the noob post guys, but if I buy a Season pass now is it for the regular season? I haven't seen any 'first of' videos popping up on the gom website and didn't think they'd started yet.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zen said:
Sorry for the noob post guys, but if I buy a Season pass now is it for the regular season? I haven't seen any 'first of' videos popping up on the gom website and didn't think they'd started yet.

No need to be sorry!

If you buy it here http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors1/premiumzone/

It will be for the season that is about to start in 3? days

if you want to buy season tickets to the previous three opens, for the sake of viewing the vods http://www.gomtv.net/league/index.gom you'll find your way to them there!

Haunted

Deadman said:
In 33 minutes the semi finals of the kapersky event will be on.

* oGsMC v Liquid`Ret
* oGsTop v oGsZenio

Hopefully the tournaments will sync up and both can be watched one after the other.
wait, the oGS/TL guys all won their 4 quarter finals against some pretty good players? damn.

edit: goddamnit MC, the guy is unstoppable atm.

HolyCheck

Hazaro said:
Better get started on that thread soon... Today...
Luckily I can copy paste my OP!

Spam up the first few replies too just to edit later~ as this will be our year long thread!

HolyCheck

Just posting some shit here haz, dont worry if you don't need it you've probably already got it.. but incase u cbs putting the nice formatting in :). It's either this or help my dad build a shed in 40 degree weather (celsius)
Information about the current season:
Schedule​

Code S​
o8IQZ.jpg

Code S Groups​
hKow9.jpg

Code A​
FmFmp.jpg

Information about HOW the current season works:

Code S
  • Ro32 ~ Ro16 Group League
  • The 32 highest ranking players of 2010 will be divided into 8 groups of 4.
  • The players in each group will play one another and the 1st and 2nd place players will advance to Ro16. (The 3rd and 4th player will have to play in the ‘Up and Down Match’.)
  • Ro8 ~ Finals Tournament (Ro8 : best of 3, Semifinals : best of 5, Finals : best of 7)
  • One group will play each day.
  • Players who advance to Ro16 will remain in Code S.
  • The 16 players who fail to qualify for Ro16 will have to play in the ‘Up and Down Match’
  • The group will be determined by a public lottery which will be held on the following Monday of each GSL Sponsorship League.

Code A
  • Ro32 Full Tournament
  • Ro32 ~ Semifinals : Best of 3, Finals : Best of 7
  • 4 recommended foreign players will be seeded starting from the 2nd tournament. (Mainly winners of other worldwide tournaments)
  • If there are no recommended foreign players, more players will be brought in through the Preliminary Rounds for Code A.
  • Players who advance to Ro8 will play in the ‘Up and Down Match’ and get a chance to be in Code S.
  • Players who advance to Ro16 will remain in Code A.
  • Players who fail to qualify for Ro16 will have to go through the Preliminary Rounds for Code A.

Up and Down Matches
  • Bottom 16 players from Code S and the top 8 players from Code A will compete.
  • There will be 8 groups of 3. (2 Code S players and 1 Code A players per group.)
  • Champion and the runner-up of the Code A tournament gets to pick their group, the rest of the groups will be randomly selected.
  • The 3rd place player from the group league of Code S will play the Code A player in a best of 3 matches. (Winner will be in Code S.)
  • The loser of the match will play the 4th place player from the group league of Code S in a best of 3 matches.
  • So if you are the 4th place player of each group from the group league of Code S, you only have one opportunity to remain in Code S.

HolyCheck

Season 2 team : IMNestea, MakaPrime.WE, MarineKingPrime.WE, HongUnPrime.WE, IMMvp

VS

Season 3 team : oGsMC, Liquid_Jinro, oGsInca, oGsTop, LeenockfOu

In 20 minutes.

What's the format? I've missed both the first day of this and the Zerg V Protoss V Terran ones.

Just works like team games? Player one vs player 2? winner moves on and so on? if so cool!

HolyCheck

Hazaro said:
The format seems to be whoever is not busy at the time :lol
:lol :lol

I can't wait!

oh it's done on b/net not in a studio i gather? if so awesome.

Looking forward to this then the kaspersky one.

The cravings have kicked in.. :(

eek5

HolyCheck said:
:lol :lol

I can't wait!

oh it's done on b/net not in a studio i gather? if so awesome.

Looking forward to this then the kaspersky one.

The cravings have kicked in.. :(
yeah. it looks like everyone is chatting during and in between too or something

Sumidor

Is this only on GOM? I've been looking for a stream, but I can't find one.

I'm on a Mac, and it's a huuuuuuge pain in the ass to try and watch it on their website.

eek5

HolyCheck said:
o_O stream wont even open.

Opera, FireFox, IE.

Never had any problems before.. :(
i used IE. after gom launched and failed jus tkeep clicking the play button

LosirA vs TOP first matchup

syllogism

gomcmd:///title%20Gisado+Challenge+%3A+My+All+Starz%20http://www.gomtv.net/gox/gox.gom?leagueid=0&strLevel=HQ&target=live&mb_no=4692dd3b94de1ea5&title=Gisado+Challenge+%3A+My+All+Starz

e: 64-bit IE supposedly doesn't work

eek5

well this stream just got weird.... dbz ms paint drawings all up in here :lol

edit: wait.. top and losira were sitting in the game room that whole time? i wonder what was going on :lol

Vaporak said:
Uhg, neither of the streams are running well for me. :(
Weird, usually the GOM stream works like shit to me and that's why I'm holding out on buying a premium ticket until I see how it goes in the first day or 2 in the new season, but this time it's working perfectly.

The other stream however is lagging for everyone (Bomber vs MC)

eek5

TheThunder said:
Weird, usually the GOM stream works like shit to me and that's why I'm holding out on buying a premium ticket until I see how it goes in the first day or 2 in the new season, but this time it's working perfectly.

The other stream however is lagging for everyone (Bomber vs MC)
i think it's the actual stream that's lagging, not the restream

HolyCheck

TheThunder said:
That was nice by Losira, he came a long way since GSL 1 vs TLO :D

It's also crazy that ST_Bomber is not even an A class player.

Gonna be so fun watching these guys climb up from out of Code B or A

New Dawn is one i'm excited to see after his dominating the code A qualies

also
1. TesteR aka sSKS has changed his ID to Trickster.
2. aLivefOu has switched teams to TSL
3. NewDawn is now known as YuGiOh (personally think NewDawn is a lot better).
4. We sort of knew, but in case you missed it SangHo/BabyByeBye is now Killer.
5. GuineaPig is no longer in TSL and has since renamed himself to the even more awesome GuineaPigCommando (not sure if it's a clan or team)
Last edit: 2010-12-29 11:42:44
6. If anyone cares, Suhoshin is now Guardian and Lotze is now AngelGirl.

Ozorov

What the fuck is wrong with the Gomtv-stream? I cant even get it to open from the webpage. I have tried in chrome and IE

HolyCheck

Ozorov said:
What the fuck is wrong with the Gomtv-stream? I cant even get it to open from the webpage

:( yar, just open it til it fucks up.. then keep hitting the play button on the player

Top Bottom