• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good-Feel (Yoshi’s Crafted World, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Kirby’s Epic Yarn) announces top-down shooter Monkey Barrels for Switch

Bullet Club

Good-Feel announces top-down shooter Monkey Barrels for Switch

Due out on November 7 in Japan.

HT149Su.jpg

Good-Feel, the studio behind Yoshi’s Crafted World, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, and more, has announced Monkey Barrels, a self-published top-down shooter for Switch, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop on November 7 in Japan.

Monkey Barrels is set in a world where humanity has fallen. Players control monkeys, who must go through each stage while defeating the enemy crabs attacking from every which way. In addition to the single-player mode, there is also online multiplayer support for up to six players.

xLuWjFv.jpg

VJF3Pxh.jpg

uXYR7UZ.jpg

Source: Gematsu

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Finally, a trailer:

Seems sufficiently bullet-helly. The maps showcased in the trailer rotated between roguelike maps, vertically-scrolling maps, and one-screen arena maps, in addition to some gimmick levels like moving between a pair of train flatbeds. I wonder how the levels will be arranged.

Overall, it looks good enough for me to at least keep an eye on. I love the graphical style. Whether it joins the Upper Pantheon of Twin-Stick Shooters (alongside the likes of Gungeon, Nex Machina, and Assault Android Cactus) remains to be seen.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Hate to be that guy but for me these guys haven't previously made a game I consider good and that was with Nintendo's backing so I have no faith this will be anything better than average.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Finally, a trailer:

Seems sufficiently bullet-helly. The maps showcased in the trailer rotated between roguelike maps, vertically-scrolling maps, and one-screen arena maps, in addition to some gimmick levels like moving between a pair of train flatbeds. I wonder how the levels will be arranged.

Overall, it looks good enough for me to at least keep an eye on. I love the graphical style. Whether it joins the Upper Pantheon of Twin-Stick Shooters (alongside the likes of Gungeon, Nex Machina, and Assault Android Cactus) remains to be seen.

Looks like Smash TV for Switch, which will always catch my attention.

I like Good Feel a lot too. Wooly World was fantastic, and the demo of Crafted was probably the most chill, fun game I’ve played in a while.

While the removal of Nintendo’s assistance doesn’t tend to do good things for their partners, I get the feeling that Good Feel can stand on their own two feet. I’ll be watching this one.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
While the removal of Nintendo’s assistance doesn’t tend to do good things for their partners, I get the feeling that Good Feel can stand on their own two feet. I’ll be watching this one.
Yeah the games that immediately came to mind were Crashmo and Code Name STEAM, both of which failed to light anything on fire but both are considered good niche titles. Let's hope this turns out well, too.

Top Bottom