• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good games to play during this grim time of death and misery?

pramod

Banned
What games do you think would be good to play right now that fits the current state of things?

I've been playing Darkest Dungeon myself. For some reason all the death and finality in the game makes real life seem a lot less grimmer.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
What games do you think would be good to play right now that fits the current state of things?

I've been playing Darkest Dungeon myself. For some reason all the death and finality in the game makes real life seem a lot less grimmer.

Seeing that the vast majority of COVID cases result in the person getting sick for a bit and then continuing on with life as general, like any other virus, I would say is a lot less grim than Darkest Dungeon.

Old Retro

I'm finally gonna get The Division 2 NYC Warlords DLC. Life imitating art.

I can't even think of anything nonviolent I have to play anyways. I got Bloodstained and Spiderman as my backlog games from last year.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
persona-5-train.jpg

"social distancing" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta say, Death Stranding would be perfect for this time of social distancing. They should release the PC version early.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesb

I just played through Detroit become human. And absolutely fell in love with this game. Can’t believe I waited this long. I didn’t want it to end. One of the best characters and stories this gen. There are points where it drags on and nothing exciting is happening but it sure picks up. I was addicted. Glued to the screen until I finished it. It’s rare for any game to do that these days.

MastAndo

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS
Yeah, this is the answer. I wasn't even sure I would like this one, but I dusted off my Switch and gave it a shot...it's just the serene, stress-free gaming experience I was looking for. Plus, it's so darn cutesy, with an addictive gameplay loop to boot. It does a great job of whisking you away for a while, and helping you forget what's going on outside your door. I've had trouble letting myself get lost in anything these past few weeks, but this was just what the doctor ordered.

thenugget

Neo Member
I would suggest Gwent: the Witcher card game for those who are competetive a little and like strategy games. Plenty of contracts to keep you driving

Mr Hyde

Playing Dragons Dogma now. It's an absolute powerhouse of a game. Still kicks the shit out of contemporary action games. Tense encounters, awesome boss fights, cool fantasy setting, bad ass monsters and so much fashion style you'll be fit for a dinner in heaven. Can't believe Capcom hasn't made a sequel. It's the biggest crime against humanity the world has ever seen.

Seeing that the vast majority of COVID cases result in the person getting sick for a bit and then continuing on with life as general, like any other virus, I would say is a lot less grim than Darkest Dungeon.
What a useless generalization, you can literally say that of everything from car accidents (most of the time cars just bump into one another and the result is a scratch or minor bump) to the most vile cancers out there.

Even if covid ends up with a case fatality rate that is only double that of the flu, it will still kill hundreds of thousands to millions of people in the US this year alone (assuming nothing was done).

Back on topic: I play tetris attack with my daughter.

Roberts

Children of Morta - A family sits at home while a maleficent force is infecting the whole world. Only two of them at a time venture outside to gather resources, upgrade skills and fight evil. A wonderfully charming rogue-like with RPG elements and a strong emphasis on family dynamics and internal relationships. Available on GP.

Vawn

Banned
What a useless generalization, you can literally say that of everything from car accidents (most of the time cars just bump into one another and the result is a scratch or minor bump) to the most vile cancers out there.

Even if covid ends up with a case fatality rate that is only double that of the flu, it will still kill hundreds of thousands to millions of people in the US this year alone (assuming nothing was done).

Back on topic: I play tetris attack with my daughter.

It's also useless fear mongering for us to act like the world is ending and everyone will die.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be careful, but some people acting like this is the end of times is not helping anyone.

And I amall for everyone being safe as possible. I just posted a thread in OT about a family in our neighborhood with COVID19 knowingly endangering the neighborhood and community.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Never thought I would, but I'm actually enjoying this a lot right now, and I didn't know shit about it beforehand, nor have I ever seen a single episode.

yppnOcx.png

Top Bottom