• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good LCD monitor for around $600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I get with $600?

I'm looking for good response time, widescreen if possible, good resolution, and around 17". Is there anything at all like this around $600? If not, how much more would I need to spend?

thanks.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
*click*

24-001-146-14.JPG

Great for gaming. Lowest pixel repsonse time out there.

There are few if any 16:9 LCD monitors that don't have tuners.

Honestly, I don't really care about gaming. Here's my situation:

I have a 15" Powerbook. I've been thinking lately that maybe I should have went with the 12" PB for better portability. So I started shopping around to see if anyone wanted to trade. I have someone now who is willing to trade their 12" + $600 for my 15". So I'm looking for an external monitor now that I could hook the 12" up to when I'm at home.

As for that monitor, looks pretty sweet. Does Samsung make any widescreen models though? 12 ms response time is insane. When I was shopping for an LCD a few years ago, 25 ms seemed to be the sweet spot.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Gaming or not, you said low response time. That monitor is the sh!t. I bought two. I wall mounted one and it looks sweet!

Looks even better w/ a native DVI source, like your Mac.

DaCocoBrova said:
:lol

That has more bezel than screen!

Yeah. And worse viewing angles than the 172X. And it's 1280x768: Just take your 1280x1024 screen and chop off the bottom. But a Mac whore gets his widescreen and that's all that matters. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom