• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Batman: The brave and the bold, and thanks for all the OUTRAGEOUSness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Just finished watching all eps. as I watched them and the finale (Mitefall!) I was-
QUOzg.jpg

...but after watching the finale I-
YNUFi.jpg

Quick impressions-
Ep. 10: Powerless
Interesting that it was written by Gred Weisman,
he was the writer on Captain Atom back in the 80s. I liked this ep. a lot, the short scene of Batman was...weird XD
Aquaman's song is terrific, and his cosplaying was OUTRAGEOUS.

Ep. 11: Crisis
I loved the Batman roast, Mr Freeze's ice puns were pretty corny, and Batman roasting the villains in the end was funny too.
The main story was hilarious, J'onn and other's attempts at making the party lively was too much XD.
Batman: "I can't talk now; skiing ninjas with lasers. Batman out"

Only character who was out of place IMO was Spectre, especially if you watched his earlier appearances @_@. Non the less it was a great episode

Ep. 12: 4 Star spectacular
I thought it was great, but the dialog in the 4th story could've been better. 'Mazingman was a real surprise, but that's what you gotta love about this show <3
My main complaint would be Mirror Master II's voice, MM is one of Flash's most dangerous enemies and in this ep. he sounded very light hearted. Odd to say that I know but I would've prefered a more bold serious voice for him. Oh and Captain Boomerang's accent sounded...fake
Still a solid episode IMO

The finale:
DAMN YOU BATMITE! HOW COULD YOU?!
Man I want that Bat Neon board, whatchmacallit, nice try Batmite, you made people WANT those forced products =P
Ambush Bug being in this ep. blew my mind, but I was pleased with how he was handled, as well as all the 4th wall breaking.
A fantastic end to a fantastic series, thanks for this DC, thank you very much =)
Oh and I'm hoping that CGI Batgirl show is real, would love to watch it XD

So how many episodes is this series? I loved the Batman series from the 90's but hate the Dark Night and emo pretentious Batman style. So this show has an element of seriousness and lightheartedness or is it just completely of the wall? And how is The Batman?

Tizoc

Rafa=FedKilla said:
So how many episodes is this series? I loved the Batman series from the 90's but hate the Dark Night and emo pretentious Batman style. So this show has an element of seriousness and lightheartedness or is it just completely of the wall? And how is The Batman?
Brave and the bold is 65 eps. total.
The Batman is either love it or hate it, it takes the mythos and uses it differently but is still a fun show IMO.

Brave and the bold is very tongue in cheek, it's serious in it's own way, but non the less it's one of the most fun superhero series to date.
You would NOT believe the DC mythology gags and obscure characters this show has. Not that you have to know them, you can still enjoy the show with minimal knowledge of DC comics, and enjoy it for the fun show it is.

Caught the Space Ghost episode the other day, I could hardly believe what I was watching :lol

Space Ghost seemed pretty bad-ass too, for a Hanna-Barbera character anyway, ha

wwm0nkey

I will always wonder how that Birds of Prey song got passed the censors, seriously did they not even listen to what they where singing about? lol

Penguin

wwm0nkey said:
I will always wonder how that Birds of Prey song got passed the censors, seriously did they not even listen to what they where singing about? lol

Apparently it didn't get past the censors, I hear that episode has never aired in the States.

Mr. Sam

Great, great show. Completely different to the original animated series, but just as good. It was just some camp fun for what's honestly a pretty camp hero, or can be. Batman has such a rich history of animated shows.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Finally caught the last episode. Just an amazing finale, totally exceeded my expectations.
Grodd
is one of my faves of the show too and bringing him back for this was too fun. Seriously an amazing show, and fuck anybody who doesn't like it. Yea, that's right, fuck'em.

I will gladly buy the complete set whenever CN gets around to releasing it sometime in the next century.

It's an amazing show (Chill of the Night was the best Batman anything ever IMO). The Wii Game was a lot of fun too. I mean gameplay was decent, but actually having the characters bicker with each other while beating up countless baddies was a hoot.

Waiting for a Blu-ray release because the show looks so damn good in HD. Unless they release some kind of special edition collectors set on DVD like the Batman TAS set I own.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Gotta say, the only thing that really bothered me was how they did one of my favorite villains of the show
Equinox
in the third season. They retcon him into some cheesy plot thing and then hint at some sort of overarcing plot that never materializes. I know they probably brought him back because they loved him as much as I did, but that role really could've been filled by some other villain. Bummer on that point.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I wish they gave the Music Meister more than one episode.

One of the best episodes of a super hero cartoon ever. I passed it along to my friend who's heavily into musical theater and his reaction when the music started was "are you shitting me?"

as far as im concerned its not the REAL space ghost

Well no, but it kind of couldn't be.

I can't believe how funny this show is. I can almost say I like this Batman. I can barely tolerate any other versions of the Bat, but this one is terrific. And that is the greatest interpretation of Aquaman I've ever seen. No moody bipolar, or just entitled brat. Fairly oafish, but very likable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom