• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Game Streaming Reveal Thread 'Stadia' (Launching in 2019)

Are you excited for Googles Entry in the Industry!?

• Total voters
Stream Over (Bonus: After the show post your grade for how well Google did in the conference from A, B, C, D, or F grading scale)

At 1PM EST, and your overseas equivalents, Google will be revealing their highly-anticipated new consoles. Will it be streaming only? Will it be a real machine? Who is partnering with them on hardware and software? What exclusive games will they have? Also most importantly, what is the price?

Summary of Conference - Important Highlights (Launchea in 2019)

1. Google Console is called "Stadia" ("it is not a box"= Dead on arrival)

2. Games Streaming in as quick as 5 seconds, no downloads.

3. Stadia has a controller

4. Doom Eteral will run 4K HDR at 60fps

5. Full Cross-platform play.

6. Multiple Jabs at Sony and Microsoft

7. Couch Multiplayer "Stream connect"

8. "Power of the cloud" talk is back!

9. State Sharing

10. Stream game in real-time across Laptop, TV and Phone.

google_stream_controller_7.jpg

At the bottom of the page will be a variety of Stream links that I will add when we are close to the conference starting.

WHAT WE KNOW (Or heard from rumors)

A. Sega is partnering with Google on this machine, to what extent we do not know, but apparently it's a more in-depth partnership than previously though. Possibly exclusive games.

B. EA, Ubisoft, iD software, Bethesda, Namco, Square-Enix, NIS, and Deep Silver are involved in some way as well.

C. Most tech rumors suggest this will be quite a powerful device which has caused speculation this may be more than just a streaming platform and may possibly be a proper gaming device.

D. Rumors speculate there will be 20 games at launch across a variety of genres and Google is expecting around 200 games within its first full year.

E. Some leaker rumors claim that signing into Chrome on any laptop OS from ChromeOS, WIndows, or OSX, will allow you to carry your games instantly to your laptop or desktop in a snap, even in real-time. While Not in real-time, there's also a rumor that you can continue a load save and play on your Pixel or a Snapdragon 845+ phone. Phones can also be used as controllers.

F. YouTube integration for instant uploading and/or streaming.

G. New options to replace cable and use this device as a Box-top and DVR. Exclusive deals and movie agreements.

H. YouTube gaming games on demand service is rumored.

G. Exclusive Google game store.

J. While this system will not focus on android games, you can link your Cellphone to the device to play you're Phone games in higher resolution on screen. This also allows you to use the system level features for recording, sharing, and streaming as well.

K. Game partnerships with Best Buy and Gamestop, while this isn't much information it does make it easier to believe the possibility this is more than a streaming platform.

L. Controller will have traditional and touch pad controls.

M. The console will be compact. Some rumors say it will be pocketable.

N. Console will support 4K and up to 120fps. 60fps

Let's get ready to see what we are dealing with from the team over at Google! (RED text means rumor was false, Green mean rumor was true.)

STREAM LINKS (Conference will be 1:30 minutes long)

1.Youtube:

>
>
>
>
>

2.Gamespot: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-googles-gdc-keynote-livestream-here-cloud-ga/1100-6465650/
>
>
>
>
>
3.Twitch:

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
I don't think it's terrible, but I can't see how an streaming only device can be successful today, especially with Sony and Microsoft who's about to offer the same service with the premium experience alongside.

Ovek

7Member7
I am intrigued... I welcome more companies in to the gaming space as long as it isn't a shitty streaming "Gamecast".

I vote I am excited. I also wonder, I know they are crazy rumors but are M and N possible together?

It is possible to have a small form factor for streaming at 4K 120fps, the issue is how detailed will the games be rendered during the stream?

But yeah it's possible, although it likely won't be pocket size if that's the case.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm a pretty big fan of Google and use a lot of their stuff already. I have a lot of games I've bought from the Play Store, and a fairly high end phone. I have an Nvidia Shield (Android TV) that also has a controller as well as an option to stream games from PC.

I'm not sure exactly what Google will have on offer here, but I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Silvawuff

I'd be more hype if this wasn't Google -- they're not very good at supporting their pet projects imho. They have the infrastructure to do some amazing things for gaming, but eh, it's Google.

Azula

Neo Member
I’m kind of excited? If it’s stronger then ps4 pro, and I assume it gets all multiplat releases then I would be down.

MrRogers

If it has the games i want, ill buy it. Especially if it raises dormant series from the grave. It needs good exclusives as well.

cryptoadam

Banned
Will sit nicely next to my Google Nexus player after they drop this in a year.

Jokes aside lets see what Google brings to the table. I hope its streaming as I said in the other thread. Tons of games I haven't played this Gen I would try out for 20 bucks a month.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm hyped.
It's new hardware and Google are big enough to do something impressive if they wanted to. Plus the involvement of Sega really has me interested.

I'm not necessarily expecting it to be amazing but I'm def hyped and will watch the stream.

Mr Hyde

Google is a search bar for me, that´s it. I have no interest whatsoever in this Company or what they do. Their awful forcing of Google + just shows what kinda mentality these buggers have and their entry in the video game biz feels like an opportunist who tries to go for a Quick cash grab, without any knowledge of how things work. Maybe I´m wrong, maybe they come out swinging with a terrific Product but even so, I will not endorse them in any way.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I avoid Google like the plague and I can't imagine anything that would ever entice me to change that, but I'm still interested in finding out what exactly this is.

GenericUser

I avoid Google like the plague and I can't imagine anything that would ever entice me to change that, but I'm still interested in finding out what exactly this is.
I swear, I read exactly the same line (just google replaced with microsoft) back in the day before mirosoft entered the marked. If the system is convincing as a whole, people will buy it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Multiple reports about VR being present at the Google Showroom.

Interesting. Game streaming and VR would be really ambitious, considering even the slightest delays in VR gaming have a tendency to make people sick.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Could be great. I'm neutral a this point.

The important thing to me is that it's not Apple. All they've done to gaming so far is shit all over it. I have more hope in a product made my Google, even though they've been more on the software side.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I swear, I read exactly the same line (just google replaced with microsoft) back in the day before mirosoft entered the marked. If the system is convincing as a whole, people will buy it.

I'm sure they will, I just won't be one of them.

Saber

Gold Member
I wasn't aware until now, this should tell my excitment.

But who knows. Doesnt hurt to keep an eye on.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Better kick of with the actual product, if there is any, otherwise after 10 minutes I may close the stream and watch the highlights later.

Top Bottom