• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gordon Ramsay - Pineapple doesn't belong on Pizza!

Does pineapple belong on Pizza?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Since when is a chef a scientist? His opinion holds no objective merit.

scamander

Banned
Reportedly, Hitler once got a chef killed for serving him pizza with pineapple on it. So if you're hating on it you are aligning yourself with pure evil, folks!!

Pineapple 4 Life

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Some people find it very difficult to open up to trying new or different things. Pineapple on pizza is not farfetched by any standard, yet people here make it to be some absurd topping. The reactions to it don't make sense.

It simply tastes good. That's it. Whether you think it "belongs" on pizza is unnecessarily pointless. Whenever I get the opportunity to, I like to try different, unconventional toppings on pizza because I already know what I've tried and enjoy. I don't want to always eat the same thing over and over. If I can discover and enjoy new combinations, then why not?

MGrant

You don't belong on pizza, asshole.

Pineapple is good on pizza. Haters are picky eaters and therefore horrible people.

Ricky_R

I bet all the people who voted "No, pineapple is disgusting and you should feel bad" never tried eating a pineapple pizza.

Pineapple on pizza is fantastic. Pizza with pinapple + ham = pretty much a bigger, crunchier, more juicy toast hawaii with some tomato sauce.

You're wrong, but I guess you already know that. Tasted that shit and never again.

Some people find it very difficult to open up to trying new or different things. Pineapple on pizza is not farfetched by any standard, yet people here make it to be some absurd topping. The reactions to it don't make sense.

It simply tastes good. That's it. Whether you think it "belongs" on pizza is unnecessarily pointless. Whenever I get the opportunity to, I like to try different, unconventional toppings on pizza because I already know what I've tried and enjoy. I don't want to always eat the same thing over and over. If I can discover and enjoy new combinations, then why not?

Gordon Ramsay is always trying to tell people to broaden their pallette, and specifically to "be more adventurous" when it comes to food. And he's eaten crazy shit like snake hearts. But he just said pineapple on pizza sucks. He just basically said that. He actually did. Mhmm. Yep.

He has referenced a hand blender of his as having the same sensation of holding the gear level of a Ferrari. He's a nut job.

Pineapple on pizza is fine if you're into that thing.

Chuckie

Some people find it very difficult to open up to trying new or different things

You act like it some adventurous thing, like trying balut or snake satay while pineapple pizza is usually something that is given to kids before they start liking stuff like olives or anchove.

And of course this whole pineapple debate is just for fun. Everybody should eat whatever they want and however they want. But acting like pineapple on pizza is something 'new or different' and suggesting that haters have never tried it is a bit silly ;)

Honestly, I don't know the man but he speaks the truth. The Pineapple and Olive Pizza Wade eats at the beginning of the Deadpool movie almost made me leave the theatre and people who put either pineapple or olives on pizza should feel bad.

Jawmuncher

You act like it some adventurous thing, like trying balut or snake satay while pineapple pizza is usually something that is given to kids before they start liking stuff like olives or anchove.

And of course this whole pineapple debate is just for fun. Everybody should eat whatever they want and however they want. But acting like pineapple on pizza is something 'new or different' and suggesting that haters have never tried it is a bit silly ;)

pineapple on pizza is the greatest invention of mankind

Krakatoa

Pineapple is great on Pizza, but Mango is the bomb on Pizza. Once you've tried Mango you'll never go back to Pineapple.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

Oh, come on. There are plenty of people here who seriously can't imagine pineapple on pizza. I've also come to know people personally who would never try it. It may not be an exotic item, but that just furthers my point. If it isn't such a big deal, then why make it one? Yet people do make a big deal out of simply putting pineapple on pizza.

I normally take posts detesting pineapple pizza as jest and fun, but I'll never quite agree or understand the ones that chime in with it being "disgusting." Ooookay

giphy.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Good. That hot, sticky and sweet garbage has no place on a pizza. The savory flavor of the pizza just gets utterly dominated by pineapple that's nearly all sugar.

Fuck pineapple on pizza and everyone who keeps perpetuating this ungodly bukkake of flavors.

Pineapple can be okay on pizza if the pieces aren't gigantic. Too much pineapple and flavor balance with the other toppings just gets lost.

Now, onto other things in this thread:
- Olives are delicious, so putting them on pizza is great.
- Anchovies are also delicious. If you think they're gross because they're tiny fish, then you seriously haven't tried them on other things. They can elevate a dish.
- Other fruit can go on pizza. Peppers and figs first and foremost.

Next you're going to tell me that things like feta cheese don't go on pizza...

Derwind

Pineapple can be okay on pizza if the pieces aren't gigantic. Too much pineapple and flavor balance with the other toppings just gets lost.

- Anchovies are also delicious. If you think they're gross because they're tiny fish, then you seriously haven't tried them on other things. They can elevate a dish.

The only sane post!

Nightbird

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom