• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorilla Walks Like A Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leunam said:
He doesn't move his arms when he walks. Like he's carrying suitcases.
His right arm was swinging and it looked like he was holding something in his left hand, maybe.

You don't wanna shake those bananas too much or they could bust all over you when you open them.

mrkgoo said:
That's awesome. He,s probably lazy, like, ”screw this, i'm not using my arms!"
Except other apes can't lock out the joints of their knees to stand so him walking like that takes way more muscular effort than using his arms as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Grimm Fandango said:
I'm not a zoologist but I doubt gorillas have the body structure to walk like this for a long period of time.

Unless he's a genetic aberration. Then he might have lots of babies with his inch-and-a-halfer that all have the same aberration. Assuming it's of some benefit to remain upright (walking with a tool?), we only have to wait several hundred thousand years to see if it sticks.

mrkgoo

MickeyKnox said:
Except other apes can't lock out the joints of their knees to stand so him walking like that takes way more muscular effort than using his arms as well.

Iknow. It was a joke.

PantherLotus said:
Unless he's a genetic aberration. Then he might have lots of babies with his inch-and-a-halfer that all have the same aberration. Assuming it's of some benefit to remain upright (walking with a tool?), we only have to wait several hundred thousand years to see if it sticks.

The current theory is that wolves evolved into dogs over night so to speak. It was something a man could witness in his lifetime.

Grimm Fandango said:
I'm not a zoologist but I doubt gorillas have the body structure to walk like this for a long period of time.
I always thought that Gorilla's might have been able to stand upright and that walking was possible, but I've never seen a video of it before. He made it look so easy too.

Is this even normal for most Gorillas or is he unusual?

Grimm Fandango said:
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Gorilla culture (I'm an expert), but walking in all fours is a huge part of it. It's not like it is with Humans where you can become successful by discovering fire. If you walk around in two legs, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is crawling.

What this means is the Gorilla chicks, after hearing about this, are not going to want to mate with this guy. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but that Gorilla has alienated an entire band of female Gorillas with this move.

Biped Gorilla, publicly apologize and get down on the ground or you can kiss your penis goodbye.

weekend_warrior said:
VaMAA.png

this guy's face gets me every time

FunkyPajamas said:
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Gorilla culture (I'm an expert), but walking in all fours is a huge part of it. It's not like it is with Humans where you can become successful by discovering fire. If you walk around in two legs, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is crawling.

What this means is the Gorilla chicks, after hearing about this, are not going to want to mate with this guy. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but that Gorilla has alienated an entire band of female Gorillas with this move.

Biped Gorilla, publicly apologize and get down on the ground or you can kiss your penis goodbye.

Haha nicely done.

This reminds me of that dog thread... Anyone got a link? It's the thread with a dog that looks like a gorilla walking backwards. I can't remember what it's called.

Cow Mengde said:
The current theory is that wolves evolved into dogs over night so to speak. It was something a man could witness in his lifetime.

no they didn't. The theory is that wolves with shorter flight distances (distance you can get to an animal before it runs way) started living closer and closer to humans, as their flight distance decreased over time, in order to eat scraps from humans.

Eventually, the wolves became dogs but it definitely wasn't overnight or in one mans lifetime.
That is not to say it could not be done in one lifetime (look at some new pedigrees of dogs), but it was gradual.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gorillas are so awesome.

Meus Renaissance said:
patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg

One of the biggest points of criticism of the Patterson footage has been the walk of the figure in the video being too human like for it to be an actual primate

That and the fact that the guy in the suit admitted it was a hoax.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Sill4 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C6NkRUbI38
Not a gorilla though.

-edit- Holy shit, look at the size of this Ape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-vpmW1n7U

And the guy's face at the end :lol He's like..."Did That Just Happen!"

Just wiki"d Oliver the Chimp:

Oliver possesses a flatter face than his fellow chimpanzees; Oliver was habitually bipedal (before being struck with arthritis), never walking on his knuckles like his chimpanzee peers; and Oliver may have preferred human females over chimpanzee females

How did they come to this conclusion? lol

sangreal

Heshinsi said:
Just wiki"d Oliver the Chimp:

How did they come to this conclusion? lol

Keep reading
During a December 16, 2006 Discovery Channel special, Janet Berger herself claimed that Oliver was becoming attracted to her when he reached the age of 16.[3] He mounted her and tried to mate with her. After he tried it several times it became apparent that Oliver was a threat to Janet, and had to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom