• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't really care for either of these :(

I still think this is probably the weakest album of theirs to date.
Humanz is their second-best album. It is known.

In other news, the Hallelujah Monkeyz podcast continues to do great work. Their review of The Fall was super compelling despite it being such an awful album, and now they're taking a look at random remixes across their entire catalogue.

SilentRob

Soooooo...

I have 1 Ticket left for the Demon Dayz Festival...and I can't go :( Would anyone here be intestered? I'd sell it at the original price, if you want including Coach Travel from and to London. I'd send the ticket via overnight express, just hit me up via PN. Hope this isn't breaking any rules, would just hate to see it going to waste :/

Got the Demon Days vinyl that Vinyl Me Now rereleased. Mone vinyl has several skips in D.A.R.E and I'm furious. It was a limited run, so I can't imagine they can/will replace it. Anyone ever dealt with their customer service?

Feels like a gorillaz song. Don't have much to say about it outside of that. I like it and i can definitely see us getting H-Sides sooner rather than later as i doubt this is the last they have planned for more releases.
Hope this is played live

hughesta

Banned
Got the Demon Days vinyl that Vinyl Me Now rereleased. Mone vinyl has several skips in D.A.R.E and I'm furious. It was a limited run, so I can't imagine they can/will replace it. Anyone ever dealt with their customer service?
way back when this debacle first happened they were sending replacements and not even asking for the old records back. I don't know if they're still doing that.

I just want to state that the song Charger has inspired me to write a story about 3 gods that took over a planet and demanded blood sacrifices. In the people's last ditch attempt to stop them they trapped each one into genstones. Although they were trapped, if not subdued by continued blood sacrifices they'd escape their prisons so they infused the gems into gauntlets so their powers could be controlled and focused and the wearers would decide who was deserving of the blood sacrifices forming a new government upon the land.

So idk, I like Charger.

Edit: also wth guys SFJ is like my favorite gorillaz track!

XNarte

I just want to state that the song Charger has inspired me to write a story about 3 gods that took over a planet and demanded blood sacrifices. In the people's last ditch attempt to stop them they trapped each one into genstones. Although they were trapped, if not subdued by continued blood sacrifices they'd escape their prisons so they infused the gems into gauntlets so their powers could be controlled and focused and the wearers would decide who was deserving of the blood sacrifices forming a new government upon the land.

So idk, I like Charger.

Edit: also wth guys SFJ is like my favorite gorillaz track!

Charger is my fave track on this. Sooooo many plays in my car on Spotify of this one.

Vectorman

Banned
Remember Red Bull live stream for the Demon Dayz set will be on Saturday as well! Garage Palace will be played to the world properly as well!

Servbot24

Banned
Demon Dayz > Plastic Beach > Gorillaz > Humanz > The Fall

Humanz is wildly inconsistent to me. Some tracks are great (mainly the bonus tracks). Some are awful. Momentz sounds like homeless clowns fucking under a bridge. I don't wanna hear that shit.

This is great- shame it didn't land on Humanz. Wonder what the reason was and why release it now?

They were apparently still making music after Humanz was finished, this is likely​ the result of that and I don't doubt that there's more. Along with B-sides from the humanz sessions
Eh, not that into it, definitely reminds me of one of the older B-sides though.

The fuck is up with that...motion capture? Animation? lol
A lot of their 3D animation hasn't been too hot, just watch the interviews.

Gorillaz

Would put this on a H sidez when or if they do it

Sounds like a end of phase 1 heading into demon days type of thing. Wouldn't fit in with the current vibe of the recent album but it's good.

seriously reminds me of early days self titled

Would put this on a H sidez when or if they do it

Sounds like a end of phase 1 heading into demon days type of thing. Wouldn't fit in with the current vibe of the recent album but it's good.

seriously reminds me of early days self titled
I would say beyond a doubt that H-Sidez is happening. The finished material is there and they're backed by a big label and distributing music is easier than ever now. There's absolutely no reason not to.

I wouldn't be surprised if I liked h sides better than humanz as a whole depending on what they bring in. Like I said some of my favorite tracks are in g and d sides. Left hand Suzuki method is my jam.

HotHamBoy

Gorillaz fans are so divided and so sure of their own opinions when it really comes down to personal tastes.

It would be nice if people stopped using their subjective feelings as absolutes when describing the albums, all 4 are enjoyed in varying degress from person to person and there is no denying the talent at work.

I think, if nothing else, saying this is a "bad" album is ridiculous. It's so much better than most of what you hear on the radio.

Gorillaz fans are so divided and so sure of their own opinions when it really comes down to personal tastes.

It would be nice if people stopped using their subjective feelings as absolutes when describing the albums, all 4 are enjoyed in varying degress from person to person and there is no denying the talent at work.

But not all 5, because fuck The Fall. It's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom