• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a $50 Nintendo eShop giftcard for Christmas, Digital Switch recommendations?

bman94

If it's retail I try to get it physically. Otherwise the only digital games I have on Switch is Stardew Valley, King of Fighters 94 & Sonic Mania. What's your favorite games on Switch's eShop?

goldenpp72

If it's retail I try to get it physically. Otherwise the only digital games I have on Switch is Stardew Valley, King of Fighters 94 & Sonic Mania. What's your favorite games on Switch's eShop?

If you like beat em ups try Phantom Breaker, only 10 bucks, Thumper is also really kick ass if you're into that genre. Also I think for a limited time if you download Pinball FX3 you get 3 tables free, so why not if you enjoy Pinball.

Good choices on your first purchases btw, very solid picks.

bman94

have u played shovel knight, if not, that

I have not, will consider it.

If you like beat em ups try Phantom Breaker, only 10 bucks, Thumper is also really kick ass if you're into that genre. Also I think for a limited time if you download Pinball FX3 you get 3 tables free, so why not if you enjoy Pinball.

Good choices on your first purchases btw, very solid picks.

Forgot about that Phantom Breaker came to the Switch! I have it on Steam but I wouldn't mind double dipping.

Pokken Tournament DX if you like fighting games ^__^

Already got it physical.

goldenpp72

I have not, will consider it.

Forgot about that Phantom Breaker came to the Switch! I have it on Steam but I wouldn't mind double dipping.

Already got it physical.

Well no use in wasting money if you played it before. If you're looking at exclusives have you considered Golf Story? Really charming little RPG with funny writing, and well, golf :p

DKPOWPOW

Rocket League is great if you don't have it on other platforms. Really easy and fun pick up and play game and it's on sale for $15.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is a deliciously old-school style action/adventure platformer.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of those games I feel you're better off downloading than buying the cart. Cheaper digital, and it's just nice to have a awesome puzzle game always at your fingertips.

Fast Racing Neo is a good substitute for F-Zero f you're a fan. Beautiful graphics, crazy levels, insane speed.

sixamp

ii was gonna post the same thing. i want WWE but its a mess, mario/ rabbits looks cool. I ended up getting rocket league and may get slain. Rocket league is gonna take 5 hours to download WTF i have a 100/50 connect

xBigBeaz

Neo Member
Steamworld Dig 2 and Crimsonland are must haves. Also Oxenfree is on sale for $5 on the eshop so definitely that too!

For me, the holy trinity of eshop titles are Stardew Valley, Golf Story and Steamworld Dig 2. If you have those and want one more Graceful Explosion Machine is fun.

phant0m

Golf Story, SW Dig 2, Axiom Verge

TheGamer

I agree with the others in getting Golf Story. It's a great game and totally fun. Also, Tiny Metal just came out and I haven't played it yet, but I heard it is suppose to be a spiritual successor of Advanced Wars and I completely loved that game.

oblo

What I got digitally on Switch and don't regret:

• NeuroVoider
  • Tiny Metal
  • Cat Quest
  • Phantom Breaker
  • I and Me
  • Snipperclips
  • Sonic Mania
  • Kamiko
  • Fast RMX
  • I am Setsuna
  • Lichtspeer
  • RE: Revelations 2 (handheld raid mode always at the ready, absolutely love it!)
There's a lot of great games on there already, most have been released elsewhere before but I feel handheld mode is a way bigger bonus than re-releases on other platforms usually offer. Retro style indies are a match made in heaven in that regard, Vita was already great for it and the Switch just feels like a total upgrade with its superior controls (and added multiplayer options in tabletop mode) imho.

Raimond

I'm in a similar boat. Hut hate the extra cost that switch versions have. Most games go on sale on PSN, but same game full price on switch. Really want to spend it right.

Wish Nintendo stepped up their sales game.

herzausstein

Neo Member
Fast rmx
Axiom Verge
Wonderboy: the dragons trap
Thumper
Shovel Knight
Blossom tales
Sonic mania
Yooka-laylee
Tiny metal
Mutant mudds
Polybridge

A little something for whatever your taste may be.

orborborb

The End is Nigh and Inversus are the games I most prefer having on switch instead of other platforms

Elliot Quest also insanely good but I like the 3Ds 3D.

Stardew Valley and Golf Story and Steamworld Dig 2 and Tetris/Puyo are effective well made time wasters but personally I dont like that kind of game anymore and think games should take as little of your time as possible.

I'm gonna second this one. I started it today, planning to just try it out for a few minutes and ended up playing for 3 hours straight. It's a fantastic platformer and superior to Meat Boy in several ways.
I should've picked it up when it was on sale. Nothing seems to interest me to buy at the moment. I have several titles downloaded that I haven't finished but don't really want to go back to at the moment.

MPrza

Neo Member
Based on your avatar, I would recommend nba 2k18. I have this game on ps4 as well but being able to take pretty much the whole experience on the go is fantastic. The only caveat is that it runs at 30fps so there is a noticeable delay with controller input compared to the ps4 version.

Kugar77

shovel knight: specter of torment vs shovel knight: treasure trove? Is it worth spending the extra $12 for everything included in treasure trove? I've never played shovel knight

Joyful

shovel knight: specter of torment vs shovel knight: treasure trove? Is it worth spending the extra $12 for everything included in treasure trove? I've never played shovel knight

yes, you get all the dlc expansions for free if you buy the full game.

Top Bottom