• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOT review embargo up on 14/07

Dodkrake

Banned
No black people, no LGBTQ+ no leftist agenda of any kind. I honestly can't see woke "games journalists" getting on board. It'll probably be between 82 and 84 on metacritic. I guarantee you the user score will be higher than the critic score.

Tons of black people, gay people, commies, in feudal Japan.

The stupidity on your comment is amazing

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I really haven't played a Sucker Punch game I didn't like. This looks to be no different. Nothing they ever do is really groundbreaking, but they put out solid titles. I'll probably pick this up at launch, still not completely sold on it, but even if I don't get it at launch, I know I'll get it eventually.

Evilms

Banned
3 new screens leaked, some say 40~50 hours to finish the game.

c89bf721576d32acd7da3a11d9fba64c20200630205103.jpg

93a324dba5f894be5633577996f2c34120200630205103.jpg

u7vdmjird2851.jpg

25ec6830dc775cfb375116f30d1a5efd20200630205103.jpg

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
3 new screens leaked, some say 40~50 hours to finish the game.

...at its length will depend on the player and that if you try to see everything the game has to offer it could take somewhere between 30 to 50 hours, or even more. ‘So can players take, say, 30, 40, 50 or more hours if they do the optional activities? And, obviously, less than that if you stay on the main route? Is it safe to make these statements? Yes, absolutely.’
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/22/ghost-tsushima-50-hours-long-map-packed-12743124/?ito=cbshare

Reading that makes me think it could be 20-25 if you just stick to the main campaign.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You'll be doing yourself a massive disservice if you only stick to the main campaign. When I say you, I really meant "people" in this case!
Oh yeah, I agree. There’s a lot to take in that the main plot won’t give the player outright. I think sometimes it can feel a bit intimidating when a main campaign is 30+ hours. Honestly I think “cancel culture” and “spoiler culture” are to blame for that. I finished Kingdom Hearts III in 29 hours from start to finish. The main campaign has a obtained rate of 44.1% on PSN. The focus on what you set out to accomplish in a game should satisfy the player’s. Anymore, it’s like this: “get to the ending and then dissect it to identify its problems”. The average lifespan of a AAA game that gets a ton of publicity isn’t very long at all. If you also consider the review scores and those who argue their value of a game then it’s even shorter. Smaller metacritic scores just mean there’s more people dismissing it because of popular opinion. Then you have those who will see the game through it’s popularity and any argument due to having the high score. I guess it all can be ignored and just simply enjoy the game because you find something you enjoy about game. Even if that’s getting to the end and calling it good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Some of you guys put too much weight in to scores. Games gets high score doesn’t guarantee you going enjoy the game, at the same time you might end up liking the game despite the lower score.

Basically scores alone won’t tell you much about the actual game itself.

If I only bought games based on scores, I would have missed out on my favourite games of all time.

Last edited:
I think this game will be landing on 92. It is a definitely a day one for me. What they showed promises excellent sword gameplay that isn't fantastical bullshit like Nioh so I'm sure it will be widely positively received targeting a more general audience.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I think this game will be landing on 92. It is a definitely a day one for me. What they showed promises excellent sword gameplay that isn't fantastical bullshit like Nioh so I'm sure it will be widely positively received targeting a more general audience.

I can't wait for this. Combat looks too good. While i liked nioh, its repetitive areas eventually put me off.

This is looking like at least 2 playthroughs for me.

Danjin44

I just finished watching Seven Samurai movie, for a movie thats made in 1954, it age really well, more than most current movies.

Next is gonna be 13 Assassins, but I will watch that once we are close to release date.

THEAP99

Banned
I’m hearing it’s a solid open world game. A journalist said it’s about a 8. Good gameplay boring story. Laughable facial animations. Adjust expectations if you’re thinking it’ll be a 90 or even high 80s.

Danjin44

I’m hearing it’s a solid open world game. A journalist said it’s about a 8. Good gameplay boring story. Laughable facial animations. Adjust expectations if you’re thinking it’ll be a 90 or even high 80s.
As if that matters.
QFnxjG0.png

It might get 60 in metacritic, but I might end up enjoying the game more than TLOU2. Score alone doesn't tell you much about the actual game.

THEAP99

Banned
As if that matters.
QFnxjG0.png

It might get 60 in metacritic, but I might end up enjoying the game more than TLOU2. Score alone doesn't tell you much about the actual game.
Yeah I’m not saying the final score will be representative of ur experience. I mean I thought control was a 60 lol.

But generally speaking I’ve been seeing talk online of people thinking it’ll be a most play game on the level of rockstar or CD Projekt Red.

I mean I don’t like red dead 2 that much but there’s no doubt there’s a lot of quality and accolades those games received. Can’t help but to shake The feeling a lot going on with that will be disappointed

nowhat

I just finished watching Seven Samurai movie, for a movie thats made in 1954, it age really well, more than most current movies.

Next is gonna be 13 Assassins, but I will watch that once we are close to release date.
If you're going to go through old Kurosawa movies, Ran is where it's at. While it may look somewhat dated in certain aspects, when you realize that all those people are in fact actual people, in full armor, no CGI or special effects involved, it's pretty incredible. Used to be the most expensive movie made ever in Japan at the time.

Danjin44

I’m gonna fuck this game so hard.

But generally speaking I’ve been seeing talk online of people thinking it’ll be a most play game on the level of rockstar or CD Projekt Red.
I'm actually hoping is nothing like CD Project or Rockstar games, because just don't like none their games. I'm fan Sucker Punch's pervious games and I don't need them to be anything else other than Sucker Punch.

Handel

Already got the two more interesting samurai games, will really have to go above and beyond for me to care after getting my fill from those.

Danjin44

Already got the two more interesting samurai games, will really have to go above and beyond for me to care after getting my fill from those.
I'm guessing you are talking about Sekiro and Nioh, but I don't think Ghost of Tsushima is going for same thing as those games.

I mean comparing Sekiro or Nioh to Ghost of Tsushima is like comparing real pirate movie to One Piece.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you are talking about Sekiro and Nioh, but I don't think Ghost of Tsushima is going for same thing as those games.

I mean comparing Sekiro or Nioh to Ghost of Tsushima is like comparing real pirate movie to One Piece.
Oh GoT is nothing like those two. Plus I really do not get people comparing them and then saying stuff like 'Already got the two more interesting samurai games...' etc. play those if you like them but do not throw shit at other games just cause you don't like its direction dude. I love its direction and will play GoT and your 'more interesting' games are non interesting shits to me.

I love that Sucker Punch gone with realistic and non-fantastic way, in fact it is actually historical with fictional elements but the premise of Mongol invasion really happened there with devastating results, and this game is kinda a what-if story of a samurai fighting off the invasion with changing his tactics to non-honorable ways (view of the Samurai).

CrysisFreak

Banned
Oh GoT is nothing like those two. Plus I really do not get people comparing them and then saying stuff like 'Already got the two more interesting samurai games...' etc. play those if you like them but do not throw shit at other games just cause you don't like its direction dude. I love its direction and will play GoT and your 'more interesting' games are non interesting shits to me.

I love that Sucker Punch gone with realistic and non-fantastic way, in fact it is actually historical with fictional elements but the premise of Mongol invasion really happened there with devastating results, and this game is kinda a what-if story of a samurai fighting off the invasion with changing his tactics to non-honorable ways (view of the Samurai).
I rate Nioh 2 a 9/10 but its storytelling is lmao tier.

Top Bottom