• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotta use my free movie ticket....but it has a bunch of restrictions. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
I got a free movie ticket back in July and tried to redeem it when I went to see Transformers (didn't really want to pay to see that movie) but I was told that restrictions were applied for this particular movie.

The ticket says "Good on your next visit, Non-Transferrable. EXCLUDES NO PASS, IMAX, RPX, 3D, SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS."

It expires tomorrow so I want to use it today since I have time. Here's the theater I'm going to (and today's showtimes). I tried calling the theater but no one answered. Could someone please tell me which movies are excluded (if I were to see a movie today)? Thanks

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MIMIC said:
I got a free movie ticket back in July and tried to redeem it when I went to see Transformers (didn't really want to pay to see that movie) but I was told that restrictions were applied for this particular movie.

The ticket says "Good on your next visit, Non-Transferrable. EXCLUDES NO PASS, IMAX, RPX, 3D, SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS."

It expires tomorrow so I want to use it today since I have time. Here's the theater I'm going to (and today's showtimes). I tried calling the theater but no one answered. Could someone please tell me which movies are excluded (if I were to see a movie today)? Thanks

Lion King 3D
Dolphin Tale 3D
Shark Night 3D

Because looking at the fuck huge "REAL 3D" is hard, guyz.

I doubt there is any IMAX movies there unless that theater has a specific IMAX theater/ability for showing those, so the rest are mostly safe. Dunno what the fuck RPX, No Pass is, but I doubt you'll get hit with the special attraction bit.

MIMIC said:

Generally passes aren't admitted for movies during their opening week.

This is my old man memory, things may have changed.

Pick something you want to see that's been out for two weeks and you should be safe.

LOL @ IMAX in Cleveland. Had to drive to Columbus to see Speed Racer in IMAX, damned fools!

Sanic

afaik "special attractions" are new or newish movies, so you're basically looking at any older movie that isn't in 3D or imax.

MIMIC

Banned
TheSeks: Well the 3D restriction is obvious but I have no idea what RPX, or special attraction movies are (they have "no pass" movies on the site so I guess I can assume those are correct). I Googled and I read somewhere that special attractions are movies that have been in theaters for less than 10 days but then I heard that it was longer than that so....I'd be pissed if I showed up for a showtime only to be told that the ticket wasn't valid -_-

The Take Out Bandit said:
LOL @ IMAX in Cleveland. Had to drive to Columbus to see Speed Racer in IMAX, damned fools!

The last time I saw an IMAX movie was during a field trip (lol) to the Science Center. They don't screen other movies there?

border

TheSeks said:
Dunno what the fuck RPX, No Pass is, but I doubt you'll get hit with the special attraction bit.

No passes means no passes are accepted. It's obviously more than just 3D features.

As others have said, just pick something that's more than a couple weeks old.

MIMIC said:
The last time I saw an IMAX movie was during a field trip (lol) to the Science Center. They don't screen other movies there?

Rarely the Science Center will play a non-documentary movie at the Omnimax.

Last movie I recall them showing was Superman Returns. BARF! It would be awesome if they'd show more non-docs on weekends, because driving to Columbus isn't something I want to do every weekend.

Though Imax is pretty evenly matched by the big ass screens at Cinemark these days.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
MIMIC said:

How could you now figure this out on your own?

would it be so wrong to just use the ticket for any eligible movie and then once inside, just go see the movie you really wanted to see instead?

ex. Buy a ticket for Crazy Stupid Love, and then go watch something else instead.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
BlackNMild2k1 said:
would it be so wrong to just use the ticket for any eligible movie and then once inside, just go see the movie you really wanted to see instead?

ex. Buy a ticket for Crazy Stupid Love, and then go watch something else instead.
Wouldn't help for most cases, since I doubt that'd give you 3D glasses for a movie you didn't have a ticket stub for. They may, but it'd be a risk.

RubxQub said:
Wouldn't help for most cases, since I doubt that'd give you 3D glasses for a movie you didn't have a ticket stub for. They may, but it'd be a risk.
I have like 20 of those glasses in my car. He can borrow a pair.

RPX is Regals answer to IMAX; basically their own brand.

Depending on the type of pass, you can pay an upgrade fee to see unrestricted movies.

If it is a regal crown club loyalty card free movie, you cannot upgrade it and basically have to see a movie that has been out for a week. Most movies have a 1-2 week restriction, depending on how popular the movie is expected to be.

A red VIP Super Saver pass will need to pay a small upgrade fee to see a "Restricted" (new release) movie. You will also have to pay the upgrade fee + 3D/Imax fee if you wish to see a 3D or Imax movie.

A blue premiere super saver pass will only need a fee to see a 3d or Imax movie.

Readmission tickets allow you to see unrestricted movies, but depending on the type you got you can or cannot see a 3d or imax movie. Regular ticket is 2D only, 3d Re-ad is 2d or 3d, Imax re-ad is good for any movie.

MIMIC

Banned
Ended up seeing "Drive". Great movie, but definitely not my cup of tea. And holy shit was that movie graphic, lol.

lethial said:
How could you now figure this out on your own?

Because I don't work at a movie theater and wasn't familiar with the terms in the restrictions?

I work at an AMC.

I dunno how Regal does things but they should be able to upgrade the pass for a couple bucks extra if your movie isn't eligible.

50/50 and Moneyball were both good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom