• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ's "Most Stylish Man" Of 2015 is Kanye (praise him!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lord and savior and 2020 President, Kanye Yeezus Allah West.

tumblr_m09a7zu3wa1r3jsyuo1_500.jpg

West claims the Most Stylish Man title for the second year in a row, which makes sense—if there was ever a year dominated Kanye's personal style, it was 2015. From the debut of his Yeezy label at New York Fashion Week back in February to the rollout of Yeezy Boosts throughout the year that instantly sold out, West had a dominant hand in defining how men wanted to look in 2015. His elevated, athletic-inspired aesthetic is part of the reason the athleisure look hit critical mass this year (even landing the word in the dictionary). Plus, West's own wardrobe is studied, tracked, and blogged about with an amount of fervor usually reserved for female stars (like the rapper/designer's own headline-grabbing wife). From Haider Ackermann velvet bomber jackets to Balmain blazers, ripped Acne jeans to his beloved Bottega Veneta Chelsea boots, every piece West wears sparks a discussion on the current state of menswear (and, we assume, launches a million Google searches). And in a year where West didn't release a new album, or any new music to the masses, really, it's no small feat that the style-minded man stayed at the center of our radars—and obviously yours—all year long.

Praise be to him for he is the rock of the eternal shore, crash unto him and be broken.

http://www.gq.com/story/kanye-west-most-stylish-man-of-2015

Not feeling his new shit at all and he's been acting a little coonish as of late. Still the GOAT though and we should thank (and pharell) for taking black men out of the parachute pants, XXXL t-shirts that are as long as dresses ghetto.

oti

Banned
Don't act like you dress better than aTekken character. Because you don't.

Oh god I WISH I had the fashion sense of a tekken character. All I do is grabbing the first clothes my hands reach in the morning and hope for the best.

Zekes!

Not feeling his new shit at all and he's been acting a little coonish as of late. Still the GOAT though and we should thank (and pharell) for taking black men out of the parachute pants, XXXL t-shirts that are as long as dresses ghetto.

People may not be wearing shirts as big, but long, drapey, "extended" tees are definitely popular right now.

Also Yeezy's current collection has been pushing oversized shit

Idris losing to Craig is wrong and everyone who voted for Craig should have their voting rights stripped.

Only list Craig should beat Idris on is "Corny ass muthafuckas"

Nahhhhh

Craig is stylish as fuck. It helps though that he stars in a series where you're fitted in Tom Ford and thrown in multimillion dollar Aston Martins

But yeah he deserved the edge over elba on this one easy

Polari

lol. Kanye dresses high fashion gone terribly wrong. I guess if spending a ton of money on Balmain and Rick Owens and slapping it on with the restraint of a 5-year old is style I'm out.

highrider

Banned
Interesting. I've always found his clothing kind of pretentious and silly. I can think of so many more men with authentic and believable style.

riotous

Banned
Why would a Style "magazine" use an online reader poll to determine this?

LOL

We called it a showdown of West-obsessed hypebeasts versus model-loving tweens, but there's one thing we didn't count on: the almighty power of the Kardashian social media complex. Yes, Kanye and LBS's fan bases came out—big time—to support their respective style gods (really, that's how they wound up in the finals), but in the final moments of this year's showdown, tweets from Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, and even Kris Jenner spiked the number of votes cast in West's direction. And in the end, there were a lot of votes; nearly one million cast in twenty-four hours. The final tally: 520,119 votes for Kanye, 445,073 for Lucky Blue.

RedAssedApe

Banned
if you consider what you see on those crazy modeling runway shows that no one normal would ever buy fashionable then yeah....kanye wins hands down lol

Infinite

I wish Ye would drop those damn prices so I could finally rock some of his stuff. I can't spend $300 on Yeezys.

Kinda weird he gave that interview where he was talking about fashion while admiring polo and ralph lauren for having realistic prices on their shit iirc. He then turns around and drops a line where a fucking camo tee is $300.

the yeezy boost is pure hype as well. I see a lot pf people wear I work wearing them and they either thorough hype beast or white dudes with money to throw around. I bought a pair of adidas tubular x knit which are like $100~ retail and people thought I had yeezy boost on lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
lol that picture of him on the GQ site. Tim's and a pair of joggers...dude is pushing it...Too much style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom