• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ's "Most Stylish Man" Of 2015 is Kanye (praise him!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. The answer is Canadian Santa
there-is-a-second-outrageously-sexy-santa-claus-2-2392-1450867051-8_big.jpg

Wrong.

Michael Shannon at “The Night Before” Los Angeles Premiere

The experts agree.

Because this is the greatest example of “knowing your venue and dressing accordingly” we think we’ve ever seen. Because the “I LIGHT UP” sticker is hands-down the very best accessory of 2015. Because a stoney-faced commitment to not taking the joke too far is exactly what makes the joke so deliciously funny.

"Who taught you how to dress like a Nomura reject?"

"Yeezy taught me."

"Who taught you how to dress up like a homeless person?"

"Yeezy taught me."

"Who taught you to pay $1600 for an undestroyed sweater, but $2600 for a destroyed version?

"Yeezy taught me."

Congrats on the award Yeezy, but fuck your collection for asking people to pay huge sums for solid colored ripped clothes with your name on them.

Infinite

PSY・S;190769624 said:
If he's not considered for the list for basically hiring the costume designer from Harlem Nights to do his wardrobe and making it work for him in 2015 then idk man. I just. Don't. Know. So
Laugh all you want but this man was styling in 2015 as far as I'm concerned.

that's bullshit but hey it's gq lol

"Who taught you how to dress like a Nomura reject?"

"Yeezy taught me."

"Who taught you how to dress up like a homeless person?"

"Yeezy taught me."

"Who taught you to pay $1600 for an undestroyed sweater, but $2600 for a destroyed version?

"Yeezy taught me."

Congrats on the award Yeezy, but fuck your collection for asking people to pay huge sums for solid colored ripped clothes with your name on them.
damn whoever buys or wears this is a fucking clown rofl

Zaptruder

Banned
Yeezy is a man with the kind of style that forges new pathways.

It's likely this is a pathway that few will travel, but you know... it'll still effect the zeitgeist of what it means to be stylish - and in the end effect the way you dress in some tangential way.

if you consider what you see on those crazy modeling runway shows that no one normal would ever buy fashionable then yeah....kanye wins hands down lol

My understanding is that the crazy pieces shown off in fashion shows are intended to be extreme examples of the theme they're going for with their everyday clothing. Similar to how car companies will show off concept cars that will obviously never see production, but might give some indication of ideas they'll be incorporating into their fleet.

Knoxcore

This is GQ, nothing against them, but you can wear a $5000 old rag and they'll call it style. And I'm not even joking, read their magazine. The prices are off the charts for the things their models wear.

riotous

Banned
This is GQ, nothing against them, but you can wear a $5000 old rag and they'll call it style. And I'm not even joking, read their magazine. The prices are off the charts for the things their models wear.

Well GQ's article is making fun of the poll results since it was basically a compeition between who can drum up the most votes via social media.

I find it really strange that a magazine which dedicates so much content to "Style" wouldn't use their own editors to declare the magazines "Stylish Man of the Year" but I suppose making it a popularity context gets more clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom