• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gradius Collection (PSP) comes to USA

Amir0x

Banned
Gradius comp flies onto US PSPs
Big firepower comes to little handheld; collection of classic shooter includes Gradius I-IV and Gradius Gaiden.

Trigger-happy PSP owners in North America were green with envy late last year when Konami revealed that Gradius Portable would be invading Japan this February. Stateside fans of the series could only hope that Gradius Portable would somehow make it to US shores, and apparently fortune smiled upon them.

As part of the Konami press event in San Francisco today, the publisher revealed that Gradius Collection would zoom into US stores sometime this spring. Like its Japanese counterpart, Gradius Collection will include Gradius, Gradius II, Gradius III, Gradius IV, and Gradius Gaiden, which was previously unreleased in North America.

No rating or pricing information has been announced yet. For more information on Gradius Collection and the rest of Konami's announcements, check out GameSpot's coverage of the 2006 Konami Gamers' Day.

Word up to GAMESPOT (and also Shard)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
SolidSnakex said:
Sony hates 2D. This can't be true.

Sony hates companies releasing a single 2d game at full price (especially old ports),
Package a few together and they rarely have a problem.

Suikoguy said:
Sony hates companies releasing a single 2d game at full price (especially old ports),
Package a few together and they rarely have a problem.
Suikoden I & II are packaged together. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Jeff-DSA

When this releases I'll have to re-buy a PSP. I sold mine back in May when I realized it had been 2 months since I had even turned it on. I did keep Lumines and my memory stick though since I knew I'd eventually be coming back to it.

And to those who want to ask why anybody would ever sell a console/handheld only to buy it back later...I actually sold it for a few bucks above retail to a Canadian so I haven't lost anything.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Awesome, I've been wanting to play Gradius Gaiden for a while... About time the PSP finally starts to gear up, too... (next up, a Growlanser 1 port please!!!)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you're all obligated to buy this and play gaiden, unless of course you've imported the ps1 release. let's hope nothing goes wrong with the port.

Tain

you're all obligated to buy this and play gaiden, unless of course you've imported the ps1 release. let's hope nothing goes wrong with the port.

Hell, I already have Gaiden and I might buy this.

drohne said:

Quoted for emphasis.

The best Gradius ever deserves lots of love from GAF.

HCgamer

M3wThr33 said:

I think I will do that but what does the original Playstation Gradius Gaiden packaging look like? I read in the new issue of OPM that the game has been re-released in Japan as a budget title I try to avoid purchasing Greatest Hits titles.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
bumpkin said:
First Suikoden 1+2, now Gradius Collection...

*cue Twilight Zone music*
Suikoden was announced again? Are you sure you aren't thinking of the misunderstood announcement?

BenT

Konami's Suikoden rep said they want to do it and they have a few proposals into SCEA right now. That doesn't mean it's happening for sure, of course. There is interest at Konami, though.

Top Bottom