• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gradius V rocks, thanks GAF

I finally picked up Gradius V, since it got so much praise here, and it really is amazing! The graphics are so very pretty, and the gameplay gives me all kinds of nostalgic happy feelings.

I'm still just on level two (can't beat that boss) but I just got an extra credit and am ready for another go. I can't wait to see what they've done with the later levels.

I also liked Ikaruga, but not as much, I'm not sure why. Maybe because all the firepower you have in Gradius is very satisfying.

Destroy the core. Yeah thanks, I know already.

Ceb

Troidal said:
(Haven't touched the game in ages...and I haven't finished it too :/)

Well, the last level is pretty cheap... scrolling tunnels of doom. :(

Awesome shooter, even better soundtrack. :)

EviLore said:
Blows my mind how well designed this game is.

Same here. It never fails to impress. Its also amazing how just changing the control scheme really makes it feel like a totally different game. Easily one of the best shooters to come out in years (and we've had quite a few good ones recently as well).

... It's still no Radiant Silvergun though . :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
indeed this game is incredible, everything is perfect.

one of the best games this gen.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Aaron said:
I likeUnder Defeat better myself.

*Applause*

I love me some Gradius V, although I always want to turn it off the moment I first due and lose all my fire power. The game is unforgiving.

reallyfun

Banned
i like how the last level sorta like a 'relief' level after the unbelievably hard second to the last one. it's sorta like a reward to 'enjoy' the stage :D

Ranger X

It's my fav side-scrolling shooter ever i think. Except maybe it's extreme WTF difficulty (i'll NEVER finish this game...)

This may in fact end up being my game of the gen. It manages to cram in simplicity (a good thing here), difficulty, brilliant level design, slick look into a genre I honestly thought was dead. I have since been corrected. Also an arcade stick makes this game much more manageable.

Did anyone here notice that in the second level the eye you must destroy in front of the brain automatically explodes after a while, regardless of whether or not you shoot it?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Regardless, it still works well w/ 16:9 displays. Much more than a vert shooter...which was my point.

Gradius V is one of the few games where the Blaze Vga Adaptor actually works almost perfectly. This means you can play Gradius V in 480p, on a monitor or with a projector, etc.

Tsubaki

Aaron said:
I like Borderdown and Under Defeat better myself.

ThumbsUp.gif

Top Bottom