• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

F40
x3baly.jpg

2rppitg.jpg

11udapv.jpg

2el8nd0.jpg

15gfmzr.jpg

GT40 LM
5x8vnb.jpg

efm9g2.jpg

fkb5vo.jpg

20r38gm.jpg

amar212's impressions on the GT40 LM.

Full carbon-body of GT40LM looks so evil in HD, while front-window sticker makes in-car view so damn claustrophobic - something we've been waiting for too-long I guess. Also, since it's basically a first race-car ever available in new Professional physics, I find it both very impressive and demanding to drive. It literally eats pavement on straights (and sounds as just as great), while you have to be very careful through turns, especially in first laps when tires are still cold. I find it as an extraordinary driving experience, more sophisticated than any similar seen so far on consoles (Forza 2 included), because it doesn't feel like you're driving something glued to the track (which is always the case with racing-classes so far). It's a great step forward for simulation aspects of the series and right now I just can't wait for some true-breed race-cars of GT5.

As I said before, this is the car everyone should've been going nuts over.

SolidSnakex said:
F40
x3baly.jpg

2rppitg.jpg

11udapv.jpg

2el8nd0.jpg

15gfmzr.jpg

GT40 LM
5x8vnb.jpg

efm9g2.jpg

fkb5vo.jpg

20r38gm.jpg

amar212's impressions on the GT40 LM.

As I said before, this is the car everyone should've been going nuts over.

Jesus Christ man. How can POLYPHONY do something like that? Look at the tires... even the tip of it has its strips and details... these guys are fucking crazy :lol

I´m starting to believe that the PS3 is really a wonderful piece of hardware... just look at what those guys are pulling out of it!

It looks like they've also tweaked the graphics according to amar.

- London Track is now almost completly gone from all Events. Thus it was intresting track - and good technical track nonetheless - driving it in Events was pretty much bounce-crash-festival. So, moving it away from Events was a good move IMHO. Of course, all who love London are still able to race it in both Arcade or Time-Trial events, and I presume it will play important part in online events as well. Also woth noticing is that lighting-gamma for in-car view was changed - now you can actually see the track better and I find new gamma being much better off-settted than in JP game for cokpit view. London was respecfully replaced with HSR in all events, and I find whole experience now more intresting and demanding.

- HDR lighting works greater now. You'll notice that especially on High Speed Ring when entering / exiting the tunnel. For a brief moment the whole screen gets darker / brighter (I'm talking about the cockpit view though), therefore more realistic in mimicing the eye behaviour. Since there are so many tunnels in GT's Original Track rooster (Trial Mounitan, Deep Forest or Grand Valley for example), it will be a great experience one day. Not even to mention the sweet Monaco GP track, the jewel in the crown of all track-tunnels.

- Have bought a sweet Amuse GT1 Turbo yesterday and the baby has 7 gears. Just have to love that one. However, H-Shifters will be dissapointed since they'll have to shift the last gear manually

- Finger movement when shifting has been added, but unfortuantely I saw it only in F2007 replay (since I don't have the car myself). However, since it's just a small movement of the finger, maybe it's on all cars but just can't bee seen.

recklessmind said:

With this I mean that the cockpit cam will convey the feeling of a violent F1-ride in a limited manner. According to the review/preview it's a rather tame experience compared to Formula One Championship Edition on the PS3.

WHOAguitarninja said:
You know...I REALLY didn't want to spend 40 bucks on a game that isn't even the full version of whats coming...but I think I'm gonna have to.

It's not the full version but I think many people are going to be surprised at just how much content it has. It's definitely worth it if you're a fan of the series.

SolidSnakex said:
It's not the full version but I think many people are going to be surprised at just how much content it has. It's definitely worth it if you're a fan of the series.

I'm well aware it has a pretty sizable amount of content. That's not the issue at all. I just don't want to end up spending 100 bucks on a game when all is said and done.

WHOAguitarninja said:
I'm well aware it has a pretty sizable amount of content. That's not the issue at all. I just don't want to end up spending 100 bucks on a game when all is said and done.
Tell that to all kids who buy each iteration of NFS.

Considering that GT5 will be priced the same as a NFS game, I dont mind spending some more green on it.

painful fart said:
Tell that to all kids who buy each iteration of NFS.

Considering that GT5 will be priced the same as a NFS game, I dont mind spending some more green on it.

That's certainly a fair assessment. The amount of content that is surely going to be packed in GT5 puts it in a league with few others in terms of value, but it's just that I'm a poor college student...and this game is gonna be hard on the budget:lol

jett

D-Member
evil solrac v3.0 said:
so when will we hear more concrete news when GT5 Comes out? isn't this basically a highfalutin' Demo?

GT5 is coming out in 2009. Game of the forever in development.

Dibbz said:
*HOLYFUCKINGSHITpics*
What the Hell, that looks fucking awesome, but the backgrounds looks MUCH, MUCH FUCKING BETTER than anything shown before.

Ok I love the PS3 and this game, but I call it Bullshot :(

Insane Metal said:
What the Hell, that looks fucking awesome, but the backgrounds looks MUCH, MUCH FUCKING BETTER than anything shown before.

Ok I love the PS3 and this game, but I call it Bullshot :(

Aside from the image quality obviously not being that clean, that's how the backgrounds look. They look fine, but since they aren't race courses they obviously aren't as impressive as something like London or HSR.

Niks

Someone mentioned the tires on the FerrariF1 look a bit on the thin side, and I would have to agree.. of course thats just nitpicking. :D

Raistlin

WHOAguitarninja said:

To get the budget they were given to make this game ... I'm pretty sure that expectation is that at least some people are willing to effectively pay $100 for the game.

Pimpwerx

bouc wins again. :D F2007 looks amazing. Some inconsistencies, but I don't know if that's PD's fault or Ferrari only allowing them to use the car design from last winter. I say that b/c of the lack of the wheel plates. I think they are brake ducts, and they were added to the car in Europe of last year IIRC. But it's been a year since Melbourne '07, and I can't remember what the car looked like exactly.

But yeah...all over my face and tits, PD. I need a wipe down now. :D PEACE.

FightyF said:
SCE Studios Liverpool should probably steal a copy of the code in development...

I have a better idea, just let PD develop the F1 games and let SCE Studios Liverpool develop something else.

I think GT5 will be the only GT on PS3 anyways (we will get a lot of DLC for it though).

J-Rzez

Car Pron at it's finest. It's just flat out the most awe-inspiring looking game to date. The PS3 is a monster, and it has some of the best devs behind it = win.

Ranger X

jett said:

Seriously...that is just photoreal. The only accurate description.

While it's the best looking racer ever, the graphics there didn't suddendly improved from some last week screenshots. People are dying here but i'm not sure if they factor that taking photo from a TV like is giving a more realistic tone.

IzumiK

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
GT5P footage on Click

The Next-gen game section starts after about 10 minutes. It is indeed mentioned the track will be in GT5P but I wonder whether they just incorrectly interpreted the original press release.
What noobs... Car damage? GT5 isn't a farking derby.

Top gear test track included.:lol credibility gone.

The PSblog has an update about the F2007.

Sometimes even the best kept secrets seem to find their way out - that’s just the nature of the beast - so it was no surprise (at least not much) when co-workers started to email us links to leaked Gran Turismo 5 Prologue screenshots… and the rumor mill it had kick-started.

Amongst the thousands of questions asked, let’s tackle a few to start: first, this is indeed the Scuderia Ferrari F2007; second, that is the actual Ferrari red as sanctioned by the Ferrari team; and last but not least, the Ferrari F2007 will be available at all Gran Turismo Ferrari dealerships for 2 million game credits.

With slick graphics, a 2.4 liter 90-degree V8 engine and the amazing physics of a F1 vehicle, the Ferrari F2007 is truly a beauty. Driving it is an adrenaline-pumping, hair-standing, goose-bumping experience… I hope everyone gets to experience this “God Mode within Gran Turismo”. Over the last couple weeks we’ve been driving this car in our offices every single day, with the volume cranked up… there is nothing more soothing than the high-rev scream of the Scuderia speeding down the Fuji straight…

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/17/ferrari-f2007-gt5-prologues-god-mode/

kevm3

Wow, I can't even tell if this is the game or reality. Sure, the logos and watermarks tell me that it should be in-game, but it looks too real.

x3baly.jpg

kevm3

How are they doing graphics like this at 1080P, 60 fps and 16 cars? And THIS early in the PS3's life cycle? Remember when people were questioning PD a bit when GT4 HD was revealed? It's ridiculous what they are doing... I can only imagine what other leaders on PS3 are doing. I don't even want to know what God of War 3will look like.

IzumiK

Banned
Neo 007 said:
Is it just me or do the wheels/tires on the F2007 seem a bit too small compared to the real thing?
F1 cars have a million sets of tires with different variations depending on the track and stuff... so sometimes they are smaller, but it's just you really. 8P

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
No human being could create such artistic perfection. The only explaination is that Polyphony is run by a bunch of warlocks who've sold their souls to Satan.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Topher said:
No human being could create such artistic perfection. The only explaination is that Polyphony is run by a bunch of warlocks who've sold their souls to Satan.

That is a posibility I personally say that the are Voodoo zealots! It would explain their awesomeness!

Top Bottom