• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

dTau

Banned
antiloop said:
wow that has to be an all time low for quality in those IGN screens.

gran-turismo-5-prologue-screens-20080320043720883.jpg

Wat? :eek:

sabotage confirmed

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
so_awes said:
IGN should just fucking draws the screen shots:
1113rt0.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol I'm FUCKING CRYING!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i see polyphony gods gonna have to choke a bitch over at ign.

I am not serious, please dont sue me mr thompson

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiduz said:
i see polyphony gods gonna have to choke a bitch over at ign.

I am not serious, please dont sue me mr thompson
What's happened to your awesome DMC4-avatar Tiduz?!

Goldrusher

andrewfee said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the software, it looks like they're capturing PC levels when the PS3 is set to video levels:
11tr4p4.png

There's a TON of jaggies and blurry crap in the IGN screens, which RGB / color levels have nothing to do with.

FirewalkR

Sin said:
So I got this little thing today...

*PIC OF AWESOME*

:D

WHAT IS THAT AND WHERE CAN I GET IT??!?!?!?

avaya

FirewalkR said:

PRESS PACK.

PRESS PACK.

PRESS PACK.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I've got the actual US game in my PS3's HDD. Oh how I love thee, Sony. Been playing it all day, High Speed Ring rocks, and I'm certain they've cleaned up some visual issues in the game too. Windshield wipes still feature jaggy lighting though, which sucks.

And dammit, why'd they have to lock tuning until you clear all the races? >=(

Jim

AlphaSnake said:
I've got the actual US game in my PS3's HDD. Oh how I love thee, Sony. Been playing it all day, High Speed Ring rocks, and I'm certain they've cleaned up some visual issues in the game too. Windshield wipes still feature jaggy lighting though, which sucks.

And dammit, why'd they have to lock tuning until you clear all the races? >=(

I claimed my voucher, but can't try it out 'til later. Grr... Can't wait though. Assuming I can put HSG down for a few minutes that is. Kinda stinks the preview version has the online stuff locked out.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Jim said:
I claimed my voucher, but can't try it out 'til later. Grr... Can't wait though. Assuming I can put HSG down for a few minutes that is. Kinda stinks the preview version has the online stuff locked out.

I also realized that I cannot play the game with a controller anymore. I've been using the G25 exclusively, I just can't use the pad.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
so, japanese version worked fine with my G25 altho its not supported in options, any changes for that in PAL version? i hope i can set ffb to hard.

Raist

Banned
Just seen the (very short) TV ad (France). It's ok but they could have done way better IMO.

Funny thing, at the end of the ad they show the bundle, and it says that to celebrate PS3's first anniversary GT5P is offered for free with a PS3 :p

Sin

AlphaSnake said:

They did clean up a lot of the visual issues. Looks much cleaner, screen tearing is still there but happens very rarely, and the in-car view is much smoother than the Japanese release.

Awesome, awesome game, but you all know that already. :)

ToD_

Does GT5 Prologue have an option to select between 720p and 1080i/p (without going to the xmb)? I remember seeing that option in GT HD Concept, but don't recall seeing it in the Japanese Prologue demo. The game defaults to 1080i if I have it enabled in the xmb.

My TV does not support 1080p, but I want to leave 1080i in the xmb enabled considering the tv (pio 5070) does a good job deinterlacing movies and does support 1080p24.

HOLY FUCK @ the F40 video, JESUS CHRIST POLYPHONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can´t believe how good this thing looks!!

Goldrusher

ToD_ said:
Does GT5 Prologue have an option to select between 720p and 1080i/p (without going to the xmb)? I remember seeing that option in GT HD Concept, but don't recall seeing it in the Japanese Prologue demo. The game defaults to 1080i if I have it enabled in the xmb.

Yes and no.

There's an option like in GTHD in the menu, but for some reason, it doesn't allow you to change anything. :/
(if you boot from 1080i/720p XMB)

ToD_

Goldrusher said:
Yes and no.

There's an option like in GTHD in the menu, but for some reason, it doesn't allow you to change anything. :/
(if you boot from 1080i/720p XMB)

Ah, that blows. So basically it's showing you the option, but it doesn't allow you to switch between 720p/1080i?

That's just mean!

Just judging from the intro, High Speed Ring has received a huge upgrade visually. Now I really hope they bring back the Grindelwald. I still think that's the prettiest course the series has seen.

hgplayer1

so is GT5 Prolouge available for download right now on the PSN store?

will it be available for sale on disc? if so when?

can you play online?

Top Bottom