• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 Course Creator Releasing Tomorrow, first details

Shit this is revolutionary in the genre. I will need to create the track I've had in my head for the last ten years, I wonder how easy it is to share with friends.

AMG

Neo Member
What a surprise 😀 And I just got back into GT6 so I could play split screen racing with my son. Great timing as I did a ton of updates and I'm good to go!😄😄
I have a feeling GT7 will just be announced (at some point in the future) as out now and we'll all go to the store or PSN store and its there ready to buy! 😵😵 Talk about shock to the system! 😂😂😂😂

dalin80

Banned
What an absolutely stupid idea to make it a tablet app.

'Hey guys you know that feature you have been waiting 2 years for, well we have decided to make it external from the actual game and only run on some devices!'

Fucking moronic.

Jimrpg

Didn't GT6 come out in 2012?

Is there anyone still playing the game?

Astounds me that this was a good business decision to release a course creator now.

dalin80

Banned
Didn't GT6 come out in 2012?

Astounds me that this was a good business decision to release a course creator now.

December 2013.

Plenty of people still play although if they keep doing stuff like releasing features onto a handful of tablets then that number is going to drop hard.

CamHostage

Curious that they'd release this now for GT6 instead of holding it back as a big sales point for GT7.
I would gather that these courses will be able to be used in GT7.

There might also be a "Gran Turismo 7 Prologue" or something like that (given that Sony might estimate the full PS4 sequel to take forever to develop,) that maybe would be comprised of a PS4 GT6 Remastered and perhaps a GT7 Concept demo or some kind of sneak-peek.

...Also, good on GAF for not mentioning it for five pages, but still, lame of Sony to release this for phones but not its own portable PlayStation device. (Vita port-begging for a map app, I guess that's what I'm guilty of now...?)

Except that technically they didn't release it on phones. At the moment, it's a tablet app only.

Ah, good to know.

There might also be a "Gran Turismo 7 Prologue" or something like that (given that Sony might estimate the full PS4 sequel to take forever to develop,) that maybe would be comprised of a PS4 GT6 Remastered and perhaps a GT7 Concept demo or some kind of sneak-peek.

...Also, good on GAF for not mentioning it for five pages, but still, lame of Sony to release this for phones but not its own portable PlayStation device. (Vita port-begging for a map app, I guess that's what I'm guilty of now...?)

Except that technically they didn't release it on phones. At the moment, it's a tablet app only.

dalin80

Banned
Can't believe that after 2 years they fucked it up like this. The tablet app should be a companion to an ingame editor, being available for just a few tablets is just..

So completely stupid.

They need to hurry up and bring features like this to current gen. I love community created content. Or better still, bring the GT franchise to PS4. I can't believe there hasn't been one yet!!

ike_

December 2013.

Plenty of people still play although if they keep doing stuff like releasing features onto a handful of tablets then that number is going to drop hard.

It came out in December 2013. And yes, people still play it

Heck yeah people still play it. They are still releasing Vision car updates. And according to a friend at work they have started giving away cars as prizes in the seasonal challenges now.

Exciting news, even though I don't own a tablet.
Y46KySF.png

Update Details (1.21)

Other improvements and adjustments

- Penalties have been disabled in "Free Run" mode.
- With the addition of the "GT6 Track Path Editor", the maximum length of best lap replays that can be loaded in the Data Logger has been set to 20 minutes.
- The engine sounds of certain cars have been improved.
- "GT Academy 2015" has been removed from the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in accordance to the end of the Online Qualifier period.

amar212

Average number of entries for Seasonal Events Time Trials is more than 500.000 players

Since you can only have one result registered per account, it is amzing number of weekly active players

Regarding daily play, on Thursday August 27th, there was 148.430 players in the Quick Race at the moment I was online (all those people were online, accoring to in-game server count)

Also take into account there is probably more people playing regulary, since not all players are even trying Seasonal Events Time Trials or playing Quick Race

So yes, Gran Turismo 6 is still the most played racing game in the world, despite all doom and gloom

Bishop89

This is really cool to be honest.

Its probably not enough to get me back into gt6 though.

WHen GT7 launches with it though, I wont see daylight for a while.

OK : I know this feature has been promised and promoted since the game annoucement but why so late and why waste time on this when we already have 2 Forza Motorsport available and no sign whatsoever of GT7 ?

GT6 is a failure sales-wise and quality-wise : Just let it die already Kaz.

We want a proper current gen Gran Turismo so don't waste time on this.

It really seems we won't see it before 2017 which is a shame.

OK : I know this feature has been promised and promoted since the game annoucement but why so late and why waste time on this when we already have 2 Forza Motorsport available and no sign whatsoever of GT7 ?

As mentioned this has probably been built alongside the PS4 version of the track creator, so it's not really time wasted in keeping his promises.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yo this is awesome. Guaranteed that this is also coming to GT7.

The maps overlay for a course creator is genius. I've always thought that the layout of my uni campus was perfect for a racetrack.

benzy

Creating tracks, editing tracks, transfer and loading tracks is extremely quick and easy. Takes less less than a second to transfer and load up.

LA6b.jpg

NA6b.jpg

QA6b.jpg

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
how does the gps functionality work?

I really was hoping to put this app on my PHONE (come on Sony, wth), put it in record mode and drive real world streets for the app to make it into a track which i can fine tune..

So, what exactly are supported GPS devices?

SLV

Without gps logging, this thing is useless, wanted to make the local hill road as a track, with elevation as it is in real life, but this cant do it, half baked for me :/

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
wow, ok so with what devices is this app actually compatible?
I have access to a google nexus 10 tablet, and even that isnt compatible?

All GT fans want GT7 on PS4 but I do not think this is a waste of time, it is likely the experience of developing this course creator will be used in GT7. Hopefully the feedback from GT6 course creator will make GT7s much better.

actually one Forza game, since Forza 5 and GT6 were released togheter in 2013

Can this be side loaded to kindle fire tablets? Want to purchase a tablet just for this, and that new $50 fire tablet looks to do the job nicely.

Yiazmat

Just played on a version of Imola online. But since you can only download tracks from your friends I'll have to wait until someone on my friendlist does another version.

And it seems that you cannot use the tracks if you're not online, meaning that 6 months from now when GT6 servers are closed they'll all be useless.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Denur

What an absolutely stupid idea to make it a tablet app.
It's a brilliant idea to make it an external app and therefor not be limited to the (incapabilities of) the PS3 controllers. And it means that for GT7 they only have to make a new import function. Bringing the app to tablets only, is not so nice. I can only assume that they're still working on a PC version.

dalin80

Banned
It's a brilliant idea to make it an external app and therefor not be limited to the (incapabilities of) the PS3 controllers. And it means that for GT7 they only have to make a new import function. Bringing the app to tablets only, is not so nice. I can only assume that they're still working on a PC version.

So it's better to simply stop a large chunk of players from being able to use it at all rather then risk everyone being able to enjoy it but have to use a controller?

No phone app, no vita app, no ingame utility at all so either buy one of the compatible tablets or fuck off.

At this point I had no idea why I thought PD would have done this in a non-moronic way.

Top Bottom