• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Review Embargo Details & New Release Trailer

RexAnglo

Banned
If It is GT Sport 2.0, i.e the same game but with improved visuals etc...then I'll be happy enough.

I don't think anyone is expecting a radical departure from the previous entry in terms of gameplay.

Ultimately, as long as it has that unique Gran Turismo handling model it can't fail in my eyes.

This is a day one download for me without question.

Markio128

If It is GT Sport 2.0, i.e the same game but with improved visuals etc...then I'll be happy enough.

I don't think anyone is expecting a radical departure from the previous entry in terms of gameplay.

Ultimately, as long as it has that unique Gran Turismo handling model it can't fail in my eyes.

This is a day one download for me without question.
GT has always had the best handling model for me, whether played with a controller, or a steering wheel. And I love the recommended gear indicator, which seems to be exclusive to GT. It really helps to learn a track without having to rely on ugly recommended racing lines.

Inviusx

Already preordered the 25th anniversary edition but god too many games all at once :goog_eek:
I'm still playing Horizon and I got Elden Ring yesterday.
Btw can't wait to make a few races.

I didn't pick up Elden Ring purely because I didn't want to put it down in a week for GT7. I'll grab it in a few months for a discount hopefully.

Last edited:

RexAnglo

Banned
GT has always had the best handling model for me, whether played with a controller, or a steering wheel. And I love the recommended gear indicator, which seems to be exclusive to GT. It really helps to learn a track without having to rely on ugly recommended racing lines.
Definitely.

The very first time you take a car out at the start of the game and attack some corners at speed it all just clicks.

Nothing outside of real sims like I-Racing have that unique, sublime handling model.

Popup

To me, GT appears to have evolved to fulfill Kaz's own aspirations. For me, the first game felt like a true Car-P-G, and mirrored my own grounded fantasies of owning even a decent second hand fast car. It was like a playground, providing half of what I needed, the other half coming from my imagination and interest in cars.

I remember reading early interviews with Kaz, where he talked about the Evo he had purchased and how it made him feel.

While Kaz has been able to use the platform to propel his real-life wishes including owning any of his fantasy cars, track days, and even racing itself. I, on the other hand, still wish I had enough money to get a second hand modified Skyline.

I would love to see more of these every-person fantasy features introduced and expanded on and although I understand that a game like GT Sport is a huge win for so many people, I appreciate the change in focus for this new title.

Just a couple of the features that I think might be interesting (for non GT Sport type mode)

• Purchase a track day ticket and turn up to a completely random set of cars with differing AI controlling them. Let me take my beat-up, second-hand car and get left for dead by HyperCars but find myself in a random battle with an entry level BMW while waiting to overtake some rust bucket on the nurburgring.
  • Give upgrades and cars small, variable, and randomised power increases and let us sell our creations or parts in an online marketplace. (Anyone remember Motorcity Online?)
  • Let the use of your car and the mileage you consume, introduce wear and thus incur a cost to put right, to make using them feel more special (or just sell them as a cheap doer upper on the online marketplace)
  • Buy and customise the garage where you keep your collection with ever increasing prices for larger square footage, making you think about the selection you choose and offering something to show off about other than level. Use photo mode to take pics of your themed garages.

Does anyone else crave this kind of feature-set, or others like them?

Last edited:

benzy

People got early copies shipped from Amazon.

DfRiZZN.gif

curD6EQ.gif

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Who cares what the reviewers score it, they don't care about racing games. In there eyes its imposible to be GOTY for a racing game with there weird reasons. This will be the best GT game ever even with all it flaws and it will only improve in the future like they did it with GTS.

w0s

Who cares what the reviewers score it, they don't care about racing games. In there eyes its imposible to be GOTY for a racing game with there weird reasons. This will be the best GT game ever even with all it flaws and it will only improve in the future like they did it with GTS.
Wow. Best GT ever. Heard it here folks.

Top Bottom