• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Review Thread | Take 2

The reticle is so tiny that I can barely tell what I'm aiming at sometimes.

You can change it to Complex in settings. SOOOOO much better. I also found setting the camera to high made a huge difference. Plus you get a better first person driving camera this way.

jmls1121

Banned
I don't know, it certainly sounds like he's envisioning a future where GTA V is as revered and studied as Dickens is for its social insight, thereby equating them in a roundabout way.

That's exactly what he is doing, and its ridiculous. I am actually embarrassed for him.

strafer

Swedish LEVEL
10/10

XlFFIzx.png

http://loading.se/news.php?pub_id=26947

Gamereactor (multiple reviews)
10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10

yPK2UxF.png

http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/123374/Grand+Theft+Auto+V/

Gamerector sucks.

Petter is whiny little punk.

Facism

As the guy above says just go in and change it. It is indeed an odd choice for the starting reticle.

the alternatives aren't that much better. Really need to be able to change the colour, white on grey roads or sunny days is just silly.

Domstercool

Are there any reviews that talk about the gameplay? How the save system works? How far the checkpoints are spread out? How the movement of the character and cars are?
I've read a couple, and they're all blabering about the scope of the city and details and yadadada. I can't take anymore of those.

I mentioned it a bit in my review. You can save anywhere when not in an activity and checkpoints are quite generous most of the time. No longer do you scream at having to start a mission all over again. In fact, that would be super annoying in GTA V, since some missions are lengthy. :)

Arjen

I mentioned it a bit in my review. You can save anywhere when not in an activity and checkpoints are quite generous most of the time. No longer do you scream at having to start a mission all over again. In fact, that would be super annoying in GTA V, since some missions are lengthy. :)

Sounds good, thanks. Got a link to your review?

Domstercool

Sounds good, thanks. Got a link to your review?

That's pretty much what I mentioned. I'm no professional reviewer - just lucky enough to have been given a copy of GTA V early to review for a site that is made up of volunteers who like gaming. :)

One feature that I am sure is to please is the inclusion of checkpoints in missions. This was introduced in The Lost and Damned, and it makes a very welcomed addition in GTA V. Some of these missions can be long, and I can’t even imagine the frustration that would happen if you had to restart from the very beginning. On a final note, you can now save anywhere, thanks to the use of the mobile phone, which plays an even more important role in GTA V, offering access to emails, texts and the internet, with plenty of spoof websites, such as “Lifeinvader” the game’s version of Facebook, accessible with the click of a button.

http://darkzero.co.uk/game-reviews/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3/

(._.)

Banned
How does it look awful? Big AAA games aren't my prefered way of gaming lately, but this game looks genuinely excellent from everything I've seen and heard and while there are some ridiculously written reviews out there, there are also a few really well-written reviews that explain the virtues of this game quite well.

Awful in the sense that it continues to perpetuate every trope and stereotype associated with an expensive AAA video game. Awful that the ten+ years later, the entire game's backbone and progression is still built around the same three mechanics. Running, driving and shooting. It's a shooter and there is nothing about it that looks interesting, different or compelling. Looking at this game from the outside, which is where I stand now, it just looks boring, childish and corny. You drive around and you shoot things and there is precious little to the narrative or game play that lets it rise above it's former predecessors that are equally as shallow. It's simply an upgrade. Just another jaded video game blockbuster that doesn't expect the player to think too much. It's the face of the industry too which is what's sad.

Log4Girlz

Man, I need to buy this game. I've watched a bunch of reviews and its like...how the fuck did they make this on 7 year old hardware. Yeah, the frame rate isn't the best and the IQ sucks, but still a huge achievement.

Oh, 250 million dollar budget? I bet that helped.

Eusis

Man, I need to buy this game. I've watched a bunch of reviews and its like...how the fuck did they make this on 7 year old hardware. Yeah, the frame rate isn't the best and the IQ sucks, but still a huge achievement.
I thought the FPS was more or less stable enough and the IQ shockingingly good, but then I had come off of SRIV PS3. Not the highest of bars really.

Log4Girlz

I thought the FPS was more or less stable enough and the IQ shockingingly good, but then I had come off of SRIV PS3. Not the highest of bars really.

Well, regardless of the limitations, I'm pretty legit shocked by what I've seen in reviews.

There's a side mission where you have to get to the top of a building to start it, so I need to either land on it with a helicopter or use a plan to skydive onto it from. Problem is, the helicopter and planes in Sandy Shores seemingly don't spawn unless you're using Trevor, and going onto the airport runway gets you killed before you get a chance to take off

Any tips?

Top Bottom