• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granzella is ALIVE!! (ZZT4 website update coming Dec 1)

Bebpo

Banned
Thanks to Rojiraan in the PS VR thread for bringing this up.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/disaster-report-4-plus-reveal-playstation-vr-support-december-1

Duckroll and I and probably a lot of Irem fans have been pretty worried about the new startup Granzella composed of the ZZT creator from Irem and most of the Irem staff after Irem left the game business. Irem was awesome, these people are awesome, ZZT is awesome.

After announcing their startup in 2014, they announced Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 (Disaster Report 4) which had been previously cancelled after the 2011 earthquake and City Shrouded in Shadow which was kind of a ZZT spinoff with giant monsters. Everyone rejoiced.

But the last update for ZZT4 was November 2015, a year ago and the game didn't show and even have a single update even at TGS in 2016. Meanwhile City Shrouded in Shadow's last update was:

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/city-shrouded-shadow-details-king-monsters-heroine

March 2016, over a half a year ago when they were adding Godzilla & Evangelion to tie-in with the new Godzilla movie. Again, this did not appear at TGS at all.

So there was definitely some concern that the studio was having issues and may even been closed down before they release a single game.

Thus it's very good news today that ZZT4 is ALIVE, which means Granzella is ALIVE (and hopefully City Shrouded is alive?). In less than 24 hours there will be an update to the ZZT4 page, with any luck maybe it'll be a big update with lots of new news and maybe a release date, which would be a start for Granzella getting their first game out.

So yeah, good news!

shinkai

Yes some news! Really hoping this ZZT4+ gets a localization would very much enjoy playing a ZZT game with todays gaming standards. I loved Raw Danger but man the controls and inventory system are very archaic

Bebpo

Banned
Yes some news! Really hoping this ZZT4+ gets a localization would very much enjoy playing a ZZT game with todays gaming standards. I loved Raw Danger but man the controls and inventory system are very archaic

Pretty sure if ZZT4 actually comes out it'll get localized no problem. The series has enough of a following that some like Aksys or Xseed would probably grab it.

Rojiraan

I was going to add to the PSVR thread that this news deserves a thread, well there it is :D
Thanks !

And that's fun because yesterday I was trying to find informations about it, and then this news just came up today (btw thanks to VR-Nerds for the tweet).
When I was looking for infos, I also found that Granzella is, in fact, active on twitter, but only in Japanese, and the informations twitted are pretty much speaking about other projects like mobile titles (at least I saw nothing related to ZZT4 or City Shrouded in Shadow (and my Japanese isn't perfect at all for the moment :p )).

So, yeah, HUGE ! Can't wait to see VR gameplay.

Well that's some pretty dang fantastic news.

City Shrouded in Shadow may never come to the West, or it if does not entirely intact (licensing and all that). But I remain optimistic that both of their city-demolisher-survival sims are in development, and at the very least a pretty talented and distinctive team is still plugging away and making cool stuff. The videogame world is better off for these guys being in it.

Top Bottom