• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphics Tech | OT

Skyr

A26-Adventure.gif
RTX OFF

JordanN

Banned
here we go again...

uh... wow... super...

then

meh!

low res shadows (flickering)
low res reflections
45-55 fps
etc...

tech demo:
Going to agree with this.

If it's not real gameplay, why get excited?

Especially when these same tech demos take place in tiny rooms. Why not show a demo that is completely open world and dynamic?

Otherwise, I've said it before, but I'm getting bored of games trying to be like movies. A game that looks photoreal but plays like shit is still $60 bucks down the drain.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
Doesn't uncanny valley refer living beings? Where the thing that makes it stood out/creepy are the animations, that are not present on dead objects/rooms/building/landscapes etc?

Originally robotics, yea, but was later adapted to computer graphics to describe the unpleasant sensation of seeing something on the screen that looks photorealistic but doesn’t feel exactly right, because it doesn’t match up to our perception of the physical world. Those screens as real as they look, there's still something about them that you can tell it's not 100% real, but we're at the point where it's blending with reality, hence Uncanny Valley.

hunthunt

Banned
Im so waiting for the Sony first party studios to share their next gen stuff, something like Uncharted 4, raytraced and with a better polygonal count, will be definitvely hyperrealistic, the art and animations are already there.

74607689_10219571974391595_4301850668286607360_o.jpg

this looks pretty next gen to me tbh .
esp running on 6 watts vs 245 watts
We are not looking at power usage, but rather what raw power brings to us.

If you really want to save the world don't buy consoles, in fact don't buy any entertainment product, they are not strictly necessary for survival.

Anyway, the image has nice colors, but any console can produce nice colors, that looks barely better than the Cube's version.

Last edited:

Falc67

Parts of Hellblade 2 look like that rebirth video..

Also. The Senua character model seems to have a higher fidelity than the “senua” model/actress in the Project Mara trailer.. ???

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Im so waiting for the Sony first party studios to share their next gen stuff, something like Uncharted 4, raytraced and with a better polygonal count, will be definitvely hyperrealistic, the art and animations are already there.
This is what I can't wait for too. The next Spidey, HZD and GoW are going to look crazy. I believe that rumor about this being the biggest compute jump in consoles

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
We are not looking at power usage, but rather what raw power brings to us.

If you really want to save the world don't buy consoles, in fact don't buy any entertainment product, they are not strictly necessary for survival.

Anyway, the image has nice colors, but any console can produce nice colors, that looks barely better than the Cube's version.
6 watts = next gen

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
No and no. Both are pretty ugly. Made by people who do not know how to use technology to improve IQ.
And both are bruteforcing for no reason. Coincidence? Don't think so.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do feel free to name other games that have this implementation of ray tracing.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Calm down people, we've gone through this already... Don't get excited about these. Wait for real gameplay videos, and even then, wait for the actual released game. Just think back how many downgraded games we got this gen. Tech demos are never representative of what we finally get as playable games.

Last edited:

bigol

here we go again...

uh... wow... super...

then

meh!

low res shadows (flickering)
low res reflections
45-55 fps
etc...

tech demo:
The-Dark-Sorcerer.jpg

real deal:
maxresdefault.jpg

Unfair comparison. Ds3 is from a third party multiplatform developer that never really cared about graphics. All Souls games have never looked good.

Try comparing the tech demo with God of War or even Spiderman and you will see that those games actually looked almost as good as that on Ps4.

GymWolf

Hold on.......that's really in-engine? I thought this was a joke and it was a real video. :messenger_hushed:
I made a joke yeasterday but people take me seriously and told me that is not part of the game, they saw the same stairs with people in it, so probably a footage of ninja theory studios, i don't know.

Top Bottom