• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Defyer - How the hell does this logo get approved??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GAF, here I am chillin in the airport, waiting for a connecting flight and looking at a magazine. You know, one of those lame catalogs you find on a plane sitting in the pouch attached to the seat in front of you. Well I decided to hold onto one because there was something towards the front I wanted to google later and maybe pick up somewhere. As I sift through the pages of junk, I wind up floored by a single advertisement. It's for a shoe company called "Gravity Defyer".

img07561111.jpg

seriously? Is this real life? I know companies are sometimes hard up for a unique look that will generate a buzz...but this has to be the lamest shit I ever did see. If this had been an add in Hustler, I would have only given it a chuckle. Instead, I just smh.

screenshot20110314at123.png

http://gravitydefyer.com/

So yea...someone explain this shenanigans. What grown ass adult would wear these? G.A.F.?

bangai-o said:
are those sperms?
you know what?

It is.

Gravity Defyer Press Release said:
GRAVITY DEFYER™ LOGO CAUSES PULL OUT – pain free/comfortable footwear line still swimming upstream despite retailer outrage.

Sherman Oaks, CA (August 31, 2010) Online shopping giant QVC and catalog mailer Seventh Avenue are the latest to run from the Gravity Defyer™ "seed of life" logo controversy.

Alexander Elnekaveh, founder and CEO of Gravity Defyer™, states, "Our logo is deliberate. Our customers feel like they are getting the beginning of a new life when they try our shoes. Pain and fatigue are alleviated, energy is restored; they can walk and exercise again. What represents that? The seed of life. We're not embarrassed by it, nor are our customers. We are currently working with some of the best retailers in the world and look forward to future business opportunities with companies that are liberal enough to embrace this concept. There's no shame, there's pride."

The Gravity Defyer™ Versoshock™ Trampoline Technology is revolutionary in footwear and is rapidly gaining market share through unheard of 30-day risk free trials. No charge is made to consumers when ordering the shoes and if they are not satisfied with any shoe purchased, they can return the shoes and only be charged for shipping & handling. Hundreds of thousands of shoes have shipped during the last quarter, primarily to recurring customers.
http://gravitydefyer.com/Gravity-Defyer-Logo-Causes-Pull-Out

WAT THA FUCK GET THE FUCK OUT.

G.A.F.?

aku:jiki

I don't know what you're talking about. That's edgy and cool to me.

Sort of like the text on the side of a can of Monster.

GatorBait

They want it to look like a sperm, so why wouldn't it get approved? It's not like it's a giant cock on the side of the shoe.

DonMigs85

Wait, that "seed of life" thing on the package was intentional?
EDIT: Looks like it is. It discriminates against egg cells, though.

SmithnCo

They call it the "Seed of Life Logo," so it is supposed to be sperm. Is it because sperm sometimes supposedly "defies gravity" to reach the egg? Either way it's pretty weird.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
See man you gotta understand that the logo just works.

I always wondered why sperm wasn't used metaphorically in media.

I mean, people always talk about the rain, or trees, or animals metaphorically... Why not the fertilizer of life, spermatozoa?

But then I realized that it would probably just end up sounding really creepy...

Showmeyamoves said:
See man you gotta understand that the logo just works.
honestly...after reading the press release,

"Our logo is deliberate. Our customers feel like they are getting the beginning of a new life when they try our shoes."

xo2old.gif

was my real-life reaction.

Juanadams

Banned
Wow at first I thought someone in the marketing department pulled on on them, but the fact that it's intentional makes it even funnier to me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why would you do that? said:
I always wondered why sperm wasn't used metaphorically in media.

I mean, people always talk about the rain, or trees, or animals metaphorically... Why not the fertilizer of life, spermatozoa?

But then I realized that it would probably just end up sounding really creepy...

Here's one example:

pridefcopenweightposter.jpg

Pride Fighting Championships open weight class tournament to determine the strongest fighter in the world at the time.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Shick Brithouse said:
Those shoes must make you feel spunky.
Haa!

NeoGAF: We got jokes and jokes and jokes and pokes!

Koomaster

If the shoes are really good; who cares about the logo? I'd proudly wear them if they were comfy. Then again I'm gay and have no aversion to sperm logos like most people it seems.

Koomaster said:
If the shoes are really good; who cares about the logo? I'd proudly wear them if they were comfy. Then again I'm gay and have no aversion to sperm logos like most people it seems.
...aaaaand watch the pussy go the other way.

Whomever approved that knew exactly what is was, don't trick yourself into thinking otherwise

edit: wtf OGC what's wrong with... *tilts head to the left* ohhhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom