• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAW makes me wanna buy a 360

but will 360 games look like xbox games on my SDTV? if so, there's no point to get one yet

is there any site out there that compares 360 running on HDTV to SDTV or something like that?

siege

Banned
It still looks "next-gen" on a SDTV, don't worry. You can also hook it up to your PC monitor with the VGA cable as an alternative.

GRAW is going to be incredible, but your question has been answered here a lot. 360 still looks nice on SDTV, but really nice on HDTV.

GRAW makes me hope x360 games get cheaper and the console sees a price drop or some really good exclusives so i finally get on board. maybe i can get a firesale-priced japanese one in a few months :)

Jerkface

Banned
Yeah it will look great on an SDTV as long as you use S-Video (or RGB Scart in Europe)

HDTV looks better but SDTV doesn't look current gen, despite what some morons like to say.

railGUN

Banned
I'm still using an SDTV, and 360 games still look increadible. I just avioid seeing games in action on HDTV's as much as possible to avoid spending more money than I currently have.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Those of you who still game on SDTV will never get the full effect of next-gen games. This argument will apply to the PS3 as well.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
If you have a decent monitor then grab a VGA cable. Thanks to Sho Nuff's thread I finally got off my duff moved my 360 right next to the PC and hooked it up to my system's 5.1. It isn't a night and day difference but it does look noticably better than gaming on an SDTV.

bdoughty

Banned
Here is a comparison done with Madden 360.

Full article

SD

madden_sd.jpg

HD

madden_hd.jpg

And the Xbox version

927413_20050701_screen021.jpg

Sure there are some sacrafices gaming on a SD but you can clearly see (even with the horrid picture he took) the leap in graphics for SD owners.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Yes, they still look great in SD.

I'd be willing to take a few shots of comparisons, but it's not exactly a "fair fight" sort of deal, since my TV would scale everything to 720p anyways, so it wouldn't exactly be what SDers would see.

siege

Banned
bdoughty said:
Here is a comparison done with Madden 360.

Full article

SD

madden_sd.jpg

HD

madden_hd.jpg

And the Xbox version

927413_20050701_screen021.jpg

Sure there are some sacrafices gaming on a SD but you can clearly see (even with the horrid picture he took) the leap in graphics for SD owners.

That's a pretty shitty pic of the SD version. It looks better than that.

bdoughty

Banned
siege said:
That's a pretty shitty pic of the SD version. It looks better than that.

Agreed but that was the only comparison I could find. It was not really well thought out as he took the SD pic on the 44 yard line and the HD on the 19 yard line. Of course it beats nothing.

AZ Greg

I have a 27" SD and the games look great, even through composite. My TV has component, but for some reason it makes the games look like crap. :/

Jerkface

Banned
AZYUMA86 said:
I have a 27" SD and the games look great, even through composite. My TV has component, but for some reason it makes the games look like crap. :/

Does it have S-Video aswell? It seriously clears up the bleeding colours you get with Composite.

SnakeXs

araganekyassuru said:
I want a core 360 but nowhere do they have HDDs :(

ms need to get their shit together before march

If you're getting the HDD anyways.. Why the hell do you want the core?

SnakeXs said:
If you're getting the HDD anyways.. Why the hell do you want the core?

the prem cd bezel looks like shit compared to the rest of the console

and it's not like I could find a premium even if I wanted to

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I got a HDTV after I got a 360. The leap in visuals is HUGE. Trust me........

NBA2K6 in 1080i 16 x 9 =eye candy

Dr_Cogent

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
you know what is gonna be awesome about GRAW.....XBOX Live......ah who are you kidding stick to PC gaming

ahahahahah! I was so tempted to write something in the same vein.

araganekyassuru said:
if the game is good I might try Live

oh and stop trolling, troll

So you admit you haven't even tried Live, but you sure had plenty of comments on what it offered and how it didn't do anything that the PC couldn't already do.

Classic.

AZ Greg

Jerkface said:
Does it have S-Video aswell? It seriously clears up the bleeding colours you get with Composite.

Yeah it has S-video too. Do you think it would be worth it to buy those cables even though the 360 doesn't look good through my component inputs?

Dr_Cogent said:
ahahahahah! I was so tempted to write something in the same vein.

So you admit you haven't even tried Live, but you sure had plenty of comments on what it offered and how it didn't do anything that the PC could do.

Classic.

I've played Halo 2 over Live a couple of times.. I'm aware of the features of Live without having spent much time with it

keep your bs in that other thread, thank you

SnakeXs

araganekyassuru said:
I've played Halo 2 over Live a couple of times.. I'm aware of the features of Live without having spent much time with it

You can send a voice message to a friend who's playing a different game, all inside the GUI, never having to leave the game.

Will you leave now?

I'd like to see an option to put games on a 4:3 SDTV into 16:9 with the black bars. I watch movies that way for the widescreen view and I want to be able to play games that way too.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:

Hahah! My BS. Still classic.

Iceman

I was FLOORED by Perfect Dark Zero and Call of Duty when I played them on my friend's 36" SDTV. FLOORED.

as a random aside, that same friend is currently helping a research group move hibernating bears up north. I hope he put my name in his will for the tv. I really like that tv.

Top Bottom