• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gremlins 3 has been written & is real. No CGI, twisted & dark

gremlins%2B4.gif

It's all coming back to me now....

Gremlins 2 is legitimately the GOAT.

Now I just need someone to put a "GTFO" caption on this gif and it will be ready to add to my forum arsenal.

Using puppets was just the best way to achieve it at the time... it's not the point.

Depends on what you want to achieve and how you work... with mocap, you have actors reacting to someone who's on set, not just talking to a tennis ball in front of a green screen. The new planet of the apes movies couldn't be achieved with practical effects... Rocket Racoon would be a lot more limited too if he was just animatronic.

Yep, have them climb, jump and wreak havoc freely without having to hide them behind a kitchen counter or a couch...

I'm glad someone else agrees/gets it and thank GOD they didn't go with practical effects for Rocket.

They could still use puppets and animatronics, but augment them with CG and switch back and forth. That GIF of Spike(?) turning around in the kitchen looks great but imagine how much more expressive his face and body language could be with more advanced animatronics mixed with CGI. Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark is the Del Toro movie I was thinking of earlier, the Gremlins should be moving like that.

Top Bottom