• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID Legends | Reveal Trailer

Lots of gameplay footage here. The story mode will be a nice change of pace from sim racing online.

Rofl this cast
Animated GIF

I actually liked Autosport but honestly the last GRID felt entirely directionless and stale. This Looks like it's just an asset flip of that hoping I'll be interested in another Autosport with only slightly outdated visuals.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GRID Legends is out on February 25th for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5 and PC. It's the first title in the series after Electronic Arts' acquisition of Codemasters and as such offers a number of new features and improvements over GRID (2019). Let's take a look at 15 things you should know before jumping in.

Ammogeddon

That live action character marketing is bad. Is it going to be in the game? if so that’s some pretty 90s shit right there.

The last Grid looked nice and the city circuits were good. But it was a pretty shallow experience.

Quite honestly they shouldn’t have bothered releasing it yet. Xbox has just had FH5 and PlayStation will be getting GT7 a week later.

Calverz

That live action character marketing is bad. Is it going to be in the game? if so that’s some pretty 90s shit right there.

The last Grid looked nice and the city circuits were good. But it was a pretty shallow experience.

Quite honestly they shouldn’t have bothered releasing it yet. Xbox has just had FH5 and PlayStation will be getting GT7 a week later.
Uggghhhh that timing man. Elden ring and gt7 round the corner. I might wait until next year for the ea play/gamepass release.

Certinty

I have a feeling this won’t do well but it actually looks really good and the closest thing to the original game, the only great one.

But if it’s great maybe PC and Xbox players can save it or even PS users wanting a simcade racer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Grid Legends vs Grid 2019 PS5 Graphics Comparison

Timestamps
Grid Legends Chase Cam 00:00
Grid 2019 Chase Cam 01:26
Grid Legeds Cockpit view 02:30
Grid 2019 03:45
Grid Legeds Replay 04:47
Grid 2019 Replay 05:55
Side-by-Side Chase Cam 06:55
Side-by-Side Cockpit view 07:50
Side-by-Side Replay 08:50

For purpose of this comparison I used Red Byll Ring with same day and weather preset - Sunset / Rain.

Both games captured on PS5. Grid 209 via PS4 Backward Compatibility.
Grid Legends is PS5 dedicated version.

Logsi

Anyone else started playing the trial on EA play?

Just downloaded and hopped in. Can’t see me sticking around. Shame really!

Far too arcadey for me. I can see the appeal. Annoyingly when I do my first things in any racing game of turn off all the assists, make my gear change up and down on x and b, remove racing line….it’s kept the racing line on….

I can see they’re trying to drum up the same feeling as the F1 2021 campaign but it just lands a bit flat. The music is awful…

One positive is that I get PGR vibes when racing through London!

EDIT - Whilst playing I noticed how extremely smooth the game is which made me think this is definitely running at 120fps. Go to options and low and behold it is. 120hz mode enabled and greyed out. Can’t even turn it off. Odd….

Last edited:

Certinty

Only played a few hours of the trial and this is way better than 2 and the reboot. I won’t even compare it to Autosport as that’s an entirely different game completely.

This actually feels like GRID for the first time since the original game (which is one of my favourite games ever). Story mode is actually quite fun too.

EdGalTBR

Banned
The trial on Xbox Series S is very good: looks better than Dirt 5 and Forza Motorsport 7, and seems to be 1440p@60FPS.

Played an hour of the trial on my Xbox Series X and while the game might look dated compared with the likes of Forza Horizon 5 and next week's awesome-looking Gran Turismo 7, it is a fun (for a while anyway) but somewhat shallow arcade racer that just seems to be missing that all important spark to make it stand out. Honestly it doesn't look or feel that much different to the last GRID game released a few years ago. It's not terrible, just very ordinary. Feels more like a DLC expansion for the laser game than a true sequel. The Story mode is also pretty dire and adds absolutely nothing to the game other than boring cutscenes between the races.

The trial is oddly buggy though, like the game is running without its Day One patch as the replay mode, for example, is completely broken - it just dumps you back in the race post-finish with all the other cars on the track now stationery so you can turn around and drive backward!!! That's not a replay mode, EA! I also noticed that shadows draw in very noticeably in the near to mid-distance, likely because the game is defaulting to 120 FPS mode, which is bizarrely greyed out in the options so you cannot turn it off, if say, you want 60 Hz with a 4K resolution and an extended Shadow draw distance. Maybe these issues will be fixed in the launch patch when the game releases tomorrow?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Prepare to tear up the rulebook of racing and dive head first into the exciting world of motorsport drama. This is edge of your seat racing. This is seamless cross-platform multiplayer. This is GRID Legends – created for the racing thrill-seekers.

#GRIDLegends launches February 25 on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Origin! Pre-order to receive exclusive add-ons, including extra cars. The Deluxe Edition of GRID Legends also launches on February 25, including even more bonus content and four huge post-launch expansions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom