• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Dawn to get large 1.2 patch and possible 3rd expansion

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-misadventure-176-so-the-new-thing/128700

Grim Dawn version v1.2.0 is going to be entering the public playtest later this Summer with an expected release in the late Summer/early Fall. This update is, to put it mildly…a big one. We have gone through literally hundreds if not thousands of data entries to bring you quality of life improvements and breathe some fresh air into the game.

nemiroff

Gold Member
That's good news.

And btw, even though I did enjoy the campaign in D4 a lot, I think I have to say that I enjoyed Grim Dawn a little bit more..

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Seems this 1.2 update is mostly about QoL changes and add more game customizability options. I'm curious on whats 'beyond' it tho.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Insane that they’re still making significant improvements to this game after it launched 7 years ago. A new expansion would be amazing.

Laieon

Any updates for it on Xbox to finally take advantage of the XSX?

I wouldn't mind a UI rework entirely for consoles. Loved Grim Dawn on PC, but it's the only game I've refunded on Xbox. Text was hilariously tiny with seemingly no way to enlarge it and overall I just felt like very little effort went into the port.

This is another dev that doesn't seem to give a damn about their console audience. Does this even finally optimize the game for Series X because it doesn't sound like it. So many top down rpg's- whether arpg or crpg's are half assed on console while still charging full price. They're typically a couple updates behind the PC too. Pretty gross if you ask me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is another dev that doesn't seem to give a damn about their console audience. Does this even finally optimize the game for Series X because it doesn't sound like it. So many top down rpg's- whether arpg or crpg's are half assed on console while still charging full price. They're typically a couple updates behind the PC too. Pretty gross if you ask me.
I play on PC but yeah, that kind of thing sucks. Like Tekken 7 is still only 720p on Series X with slow af loading. Even though they kept adding the new content packs and patches they have kept it all at original Xbox One quality. Poorly supported cash-in ports are lame.

StereoVsn

That’s a shame. One issue can be who the publisher is on console as devs often go through intermediaries. And the publishers refuse to pay to patch and devs can’t patch like that.

For example Pathfinder Kingmaker was never fully patched up because the publisher didn’t feel like paying. Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous got patched (probably still behind PC to an extent, not sure) because the devs self published this time.

amigastar

I'm gonna play Grim Dawn again. I have 125 hours in the game. I know not much but for me its plenty. Update 1.2.0.0 sounds sweet especially "All loot tables have been overhauled with 30-60% less items dropping. To compensate, loot quality and iron bits drops have been significantly increased."

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Checked it, still 1080p on SX with framedrops. Did receive the new patch.

Top Bottom