• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Guardians: Demon Purge English name has changed to Gal Guardians: Demon Purge

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Inti Creates has announced that the title of their recently released 2D action platformer, Grim Guardians: Demon Purge, will change its English title to “Gal Guardians: Demon Purge.” The change will be rolling out across all platforms in the coming weeks, including the Nintendo eShop, Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation Store on PlayStation 4 and 5, and Steam.

This change comes after Inti Creates received a complaint regarding the title of Grim Guardians: Demon Purge from the owners of the trademark “Grimguard” registered in the countries listed below.

Affected countries: United States, European Union, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand In response to this complaint, the title of the game will be changed to “Gal Guardians: Demon Purge” in the listed countries, as well as other English-speaking regions.

Inti Creates is currently taking steps to change the title on all storefronts. Due to this, Gal Guardians: Demon Purge may be temporarily unavailable for purchase in some regions while undergoing this change. Inti Creates offers sincere apologies to any customers who are affected as they strive to complete the name change as soon as possible and restore the game to sale across all platforms and regions.

So weird to see a game have it's name changed post-launch. Any other instances of this ever happening?

nikos

Seems like they were forced to change it due to a trademark complaint.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds changed to PUBG: Battlegrounds.

Super People suddenly became Super People 2 after an udpate.

Depending on what the situation with The Day Before is, that could change as well.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

They probably want their Gal Gun fans to know this is a spinoff.

capsule_616x353.jpg

grimguardians_box-500x500.png

Last edited:

CamHostage

Weird change, but I'm for it actually, because every time I see this game name, I have to look it up or catch a screen to know if I have actually heard of it before.

I don't know if I want Inti Creates to be synonymous with its Gal games (they work on a lot of different stuff, and although the Gal appearances in games like this and Gunvolt have been cute, it's not their best franchise IMO,) but it's much more recognizable as their brand than "Grim Guardians". Hopefully this all ends up being a positive, because Guardians looks like a good time.

Top Bottom