• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimes - Art Angels |OT| Out now! Welcome to REALiTi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamlord

I like this version. It has a nice buildup. I tried listening to it in the context of the album (skipping past the crowd noises) and I'd say it's a much better segue from laughing and not being normal than the album version.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not sure why she felt the need to change the song so drastically - it was fantastic as it was. This new version really doesn't do it for me but at least the video is cute.

I wonder why she changed it. It was honestly my favorite off that album. I guess the new one is ok. She shouldn't have kept any of the old version in this rework. The transition was awkward and didn't really work that well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hearing songs like World Princess make want another Gorillaz album produced by her. I think she'd be a great producer on one of those.

C4Lukins

Still a good song, but I think it could of been a crossover hit as was for her. The new version really removes any edge from the song and is over produced in comparison.

Great video. A lot of Lynchian vibes going on. Also, I love this reworked⁄remix version. I hope she puts it up on itunes as well.

Futureman

Dang... Grimes makes some bad videos. Weird as "Oblivion" and "Genesis" videos were great.

I think I read her brother makes the newer ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom