• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimes - Art Angels |OT| Out now! Welcome to REALiTi

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
wait people don't like scream

what the fuck

it's great

Blader

Really come around on World Princess lately. Digging it.

Also, Easily is too underrated. It's a nice chill out piece. More Easilys, less Screams, plz.

it's just another name drop and please do not put trent in the same sentence as grimes. please, do not do that.

But you just did that!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Her slow songs remind me of Joanna Newsom. I always expected JN to go poppy eventually but she never really did.

Visions took a while to click for me but Art Angels is easily my favourite work from Grimes. Looping through it to it since the week started. World Princess Pt 2 is my favourite track with Realiti as a close 2nd. Special mention to Venus Fly, Flesh without Blood, Kill V. Maim and Belly of the Beat.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Done with my first listen. I kinda like the second half more than the first. Early favorites: Venus Fly (holy crap), Kill v. Maim, Realiti, World Princess pt II, Flesh Without Blood and Pin. Actually Pin => Venus Fly is a great sequence of tracks.

So with my vinyl, I received a digital copy of the album. I don't know if it tracks the email you made your purchase with or not. If anyone wants to give it a shot and try getting the digital album PM me. First come first serve.

I'm a 43 year old dude who just downloaded Spotify a week ago and am trying to stop listening to the same damn music all the time and branch out. Early 90s alternative rock was great, but I can only listen to Dinosaur Jr and Pavement so many times. :)

With top album of 2015 lists in hand, I'm listening to all sorts of stuff.

Holy shit is this a cool album. Favorite discovery so far. Really catchy and cool, rewarding repeated listens.

I'm a 43 year old dude who just downloaded Spotify a week ago and am trying to stop listening to the same damn music all the time and branch out. Early 90s alternative rock was great, but I can only listen to Dinosaur Jr and Pavement so many times. :)

With top album of 2015 lists in hand, I'm listening to all sorts of stuff.

Holy shit is this a cool album. Favorite discovery so far. Really catchy and cool, rewarding repeated listens.

I try and listen to as much varied music as possible but almost avoided this for some unknown reason.

Shame I did for so long, because it's absolutely fantastic.

Not had a full listen through yet but I can tell it's going to stand up so well to repeated playthroughs.

Sai-kun

Banned
Italiana mobster, looking so precious~~

I liked the little Zelda reference towards the end too, haha. Cute video!

Venus Fly next pls

The opening title still is a John Carpenter reference, isn't it?

8V4xEru.png

Also, the Souls reference = Grimes is Burial.

JCX

Italiana mobster, looking so precious~~

I liked the little Zelda reference towards the end too, haha. Cute video!

Venus Fly next pls

When the thread got bumped I hoped it'd be Venus Fly. This video is great, one of her better ones.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dat Blade blood shower rave... Perfection.

This album is everywhere. Shopping centres, bottleshops, alternative radio. I can't go anywhere without hearing a Grimes track at the moment!

Sydle

Love this album and I'm so excited to see Grimes with Florence in May. It's going to be an amazing evening. : )

Pandacon

This new video is pretty hype, I really need to get around to picking up her new album. I really like her style a lot, far above other current artists.

Picked up a few tickets for her show at the Shrine on April 21st.

She's calling it March of the Pugs lol.

Missed her show here in LA at the end of last year, and I desperately want to see her perform her new stuff live.

The only problem is it's after weekend 1 at Coachella, but fuck that. No way was I going there this year. Hopefully she'll have great energy still.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The ending completely got me. I knew the font at the start feels familiar but when the ending happened I was like ooooooh

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The ending completely got me. I knew the font at the start feels familiar but when the ending happened I was like ooooooh

The font at the start was the Law and Order font.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ya know, that sound when you resurrect in Dark Souls always made me think of Law & Order.

NeatoKuni

this just arrived an hour ago from amazon! I pre ordered it about a month ago. I seen them going for 300$ on discogs... lmao 18.99$ is more my taste.

first to quote gets my digital copy code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom