• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GS: Call of Duty 3 PS3 Updated Hands-On

oldschoolpinball said:
I am not fond of Treyarchs artwork for their call of duty games....this needs to be Infinity Ward ONLY
werd.....and would it kill them to start featuring OTHER WW2 THEATERS for ONCE besides Europe? How bout Pacific/Asia Theaters? I felt like i've been stormeing the same Nazi infested European towns for the last 10 WW2 games i played...

I guess we won't know which is th definitive version for some time come. I preordered the 360 version since it was $52 plus $0.99 shipping from FamVid (also preordered Gears of war for $50).

Edit :D

maximum360 said:
I guess we won't know which is th definitive version for some time come. I preordered the 360 version since it was $52 plus $99 shipping from FamVid

That's some pretty lousy f*cking shipping.

Raistlin

raviolico said:
huh.....wasn`t this also announced/listed/mentioned as a X360 feature?

Was it?

I'm at work, so I can't rewatch the video (URL at post #31 of this thread).

The dev was talking about some of the extra shaders that the PS3 uses ... and then talked about the grass. I thought that is what he was referring to.

If not ... then 'extra shaders' may be all we have to go on at this point.

raviolico

Onix said:
Was it?

I'm at work, so I can't rewatch the video (URL at post #31 of this thread).

The dev was talking about some of the extra shaders that the PS3 uses ... and then talked about the grass. I thought that is what he was referring to.

If not ... then 'extra shaders' may be all we have to go on at this point.

you`re right, it seems the dev is referring to that -PS3 exclusive- "grass stamp shader"...
hmmm....confusing.

anybody a word on that - X360 wise?

raviolico said:
you`re right, it seems the dev is referring to that -PS3 exclusive- "grass stamp shader"...
hmmm....confusing.

Wasn't that Phil Harrison? It sure sounded like him.

raviolico said:
hmmm....confusing.

I'm pretty sure those were separate statements. The grass was mentioned for the 360 version before, unless they took it out to make the PS3 version seem "better"

Also "qualitatively" implies that it had NO apparent visual superiority to the 360 version and the stable framerate refers to the previous PS3 builds which were not stable.

Raistlin

Francias Castiglione said:
I'm pretty sure those were separate statements. The grass was mentioned for the 360 version before, unless they took it out to make the PS3 version seem "better"

:lol

It is possible that they couldn't get the framerate stable when they added the effect to the 360.

We had to hit a succession of buttons to plant the charges and insert the firing pin, and then we had to twist the controller as if we were winding in the pin to enable the explosive.

Wow. Sounds like a real blast. (pardon the pun) I'm sure the winding is fun, oh, the first time around. Sorta like a novelty act. No one wants to be winding pins all ****ing game long, though. That's a fact.

hie

Onix said:
:lol

It is possible that they couldn't get the framerate stable when they added the effect to the 360.

hmm...maybe the grass shader is why the PS3 version isn't locked at 60 while the 360 is?:lol

Zer0

Banned
hie said:
hmm...maybe the grass shader is why the PS3 version isn't locked at 60 while the 360 is?:lol

they said cod2 was "locked" at 60 and wasnt true,dont believe developers

hadareud

The Translator
Zer0 said:
they said cod2 was "locked" at 60 and wasnt true,dont believe developers
but we can believe them when they tell us that the lighting and shaders are better in the ps3 version i suppose.

Mrbob

Grass is the same, 360 version saved! Whew, that was a close one!

Are we really arguing grass? WELCOME TO NEXT GEN.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mrbob said:
Grass jis the same, 360 version saves! Whew, that was a close one!

Um, we totally did this for zelda.

last gen total

Raistlin

Mrbob said:
Grass jis the same, 360 version saves! Whew, that was a close one!

In this case, it actually effects the gameplay.

Multiplayer becomes a different game when you can track people.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Onix said:

oh come on thats not gonna make a difference in multiplayer. it will matter for about 2 seconts. once there are so many tracks you can't really track anyone. not going to be a huge deal. will look cool the first couple times you play it. after that it will just be there.

Onix said:

If COD3 multiplayer is anything like the past two games then "tracking" is going to be a complete non-issue. It's too fast paced. You won't have the time or any reason to do it. It'd be like looking for footprints in the snow in Wolfenstein.

COD ain't GRAW, that's for sure.

Raistlin

Speevy said:
We kill the messenger when we see who the messenger is. Don't be the messenger, Onix.

Errr ... what's that supposed to mean? (I am not a troll ... much)

I'm just quoting what was said in the video ... which based on a number of comments here, obviously wasn't watched by many :D

Speevy

Banned
It means you don't spread bad news concerning the Xbox 360, just as I don't spread bad news concerning the PS3. But even if you happen to find yourself discussing bad Xbox 360 news, you never make assumptions based on incomplete information.

Raistlin

Speevy said:
It means you don't spread bad news concerning the Xbox 360, just as I don't spread bad news concerning the PS3. But even if you happen to find yourself discussing bad Xbox 360 news, you never make assumptions based on incomplete information.

:)

StRaNgE

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Matt is a dumbass. He also said Lair was using all known texture techniques and blah blah blah but the game just looked lame at TGS.

No one should listen to Matt the attention whore

so far Lair is the only game sparking enough interest in me to get a PS3 but not enough to justify 600 bones.

Top Bottom