• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT4 Nordschleife replay video

Dekajelly

A full lap replay of this :D

gt4-nurburgring-screens-20040729050109233.jpg

gt4-nurburgring-screens-20040729050112686.jpg

http://www.playscope.com/fichiers/videos/4047/gt414.mov

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Thanks Mr. Jelly :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's one long ass video. I have it on a DVD that came with Famitsu 2 or 3 weeks ago.

The game is so damned impressive looking. It's really quite amazing. And it's ALL in the motion of the car and the physics engine. Other racers may throw around more polys and stuff, but none of them have the whole package down as amazingly as GT4 does.

Those who played Prologue probably know how amazing this game sound. But this is actually the first video which captures a good screaming car engine.

Everyone MUST download this one!

hgplayer1

I cant get this vid to play all the way. first it was crashing at around 20 seconds so I updated quicktime and it ran to about 30 seconds then crashed. gonna redownload it but has anyone else had any problems?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think it crashed around the same spot too. I just loaded the movie back up (I saved it directly to my HDD) and skipped it a couple seconds ahead

hgplayer1

i guess its a bad file. i skipped a few seconds ahead and it worked fine.

SWEET VID!!!

they should seriously consider using videos like this for tv ads. if only there was a such thing as a 7 minute ad. not like GT needs advertising :p

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah, it crashes at the 39 second mark, so I just skipped it ahead.

segasonic

this is a far more authentic recreation of the track than what could be seen in PGR 2 (nordschleife = 90% full throttle? I don't think so)

It also looks better than the Nordschleife in PGR2 (which doesn't say too much)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I have the original file in dvd quality being uploaded to me right now. I'll convert it to XVID and put it on my new site as soon as possible. Quicktime is evil ;)

Solid

Blimblim said:
I have the original file in dvd quality being uploaded to me right now. I'll convert it to XVID and put it on my new site as soon as possible. Quicktime is evil ;)
You rock man! But what new site? You have another one beside xboxyde?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Deepthroat said:
You rock man! But what new site? You have another one beside xboxyde?
Yes, it's a side project of xboxyde where I'll host unofficial videos of non xbox games. Like I did for that shenmue online video or the mgs3 intro but with a non xbox domain name ;)
Should be done (except I don't have a logo to replace the xboxyde one) in a few hours.

cobragt3

Those are ingame graphics. I can't believe how freaken real gt4 looks. OMG!!! The game is too serious for me lol. Did you all see how the car was shaking on the track, great physics!!!

cobragt3

MetatronM said:
Yeah, it's one long ass video. I have it on a DVD that came with Famitsu 2 or 3 weeks ago.

The game is so damned impressive looking. It's really quite amazing. And it's ALL in the motion of the car and the physics engine. Other racers may throw around more polys and stuff, but none of them have the whole package down as amazingly as GT4 does.
Awesome. I have one problem with the vid, the massive shimmering in it. Since you have that footage on dvd, tell me, is there alot of jaggies or shimmering in the vid? But when you look pass all of that shimmering and what not, you see that gt4 looks real as hell!!!

This seems like a replay video of that run Polyphony had that professional racer do for them. Basically Polyphony wanted to see how well they modeled this track so they had a racer take a Skyline out on the track and race it, then the guy took the same Skyline with the same hp and everything in GT4 and raced it on the track. The times were within 2secs of each other.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The VOB file is still being uploaded right now, so I won't be able to encode a SHQ version of this until tomorrow. Sorry.

cobragt3

Blimblim said:
So the quality will be better? Awesome.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The video was good. But I can't stand footage of "replays" of the race. I much prefer footage of realtime ingame playing from the first person perspective.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish they made 2 versions of the trailer, one in first person mode and another mode in replay (such as the video posted above). I like how Sony usually has 2 versions of the same trailer when they have GT4 videos

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Wow @ that vid. The physics seems to have been greatly beefed up.

Look at how the car gets squirrelly while hard braking at 1:24 - 1:30... NICE.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Hahahaha the video looks so photorealistic at times, the handling of the cars and the actual lighting looks so perfect. A shame that I'm not worthy for the game, oh well I need to learn about the mechanics of cars at some point.

Kudie

SolidSnakex said:
This seems like a replay video of that run Polyphony had that professional racer do for them. Basically Polyphony wanted to see how well they modeled this track so they had a racer take a Skyline out on the track and race it, then the guy took the same Skyline with the same hp and everything in GT4 and raced it on the track. The times were within 2secs of each other.

Wow. PD has some great programmers. Do you know who the driver was?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They need to get a video of the track in real life and put it side by side with GT4 footage

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wario64 said:
They need to get a video of the track in real life and put it side by side with GT4 footage

I think I've seen a tiny bit of it. I'm pretty sure something like that is in the works somewhere.

Wario64 said:

I think Gamespot was the one that said Konami had a video like that for Enthusia with a real car and a Enthusia car side by side at E3. Too bad the video wasn ever posted on the net, they said it looked really good. I want more companies to do that with racers actually.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like the footage uploaded to me was not what I expected, bleh.
Anyway, the playscope link does not work anymore, does anyone still have the video and could upload it so I can mirror it ?

Top Bottom