• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix demo intro and chase are pre-rendered video, not running at run time on ps5 ?

luca_29_bg

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/6707/3yr8t26e_png.htm

Here's the link with the videos!

Please some mod correct the title, it's the same for the series X.

All of this comes from a hacked ps5 of course, hackers are checking everything they can.

Very disappointing if true...:(
3yr8t26e.png

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

The worst thing is, if i remember correctly, they lied and they said that only the scene with multiple charcaters all at one on the screen was recorded for speed/bandwith problems ...O_O

Reallink

The worst thing is, if i remember correctly, they lied and they said that only the scene with multiple charcaters all at one on the screen was recorded for speed/bandwith problems ...O_O

No, they said a few parts of the intro were videos, and it was pretty obvious which ones were. All these files are 15-30 seconds which seems to line up with that.

Last edited:

Hoddi

Any links to these videos so we can see which parts?

I noticed a big quality difference between my Series S and XSX/PS5 so it's definitely not everything.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Those videos are very short, we know it used real footage and transitioned to game.
That was the whole point.
And from the looks of the thumbs and how long they are, that's exactly what they are.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I thought this was common knowledge, I recall Digital Foundry etc mentioning it in their coverage as well that some things like the Trinity army are video files.

Rykan

The chase scene is fully interactive though?
It's not. It's just a bunch of QTE's. Can easily layer that on top of a video. That said, it looks like the mystery has been resolved: It was the main screen video.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It's not. It's just a bunch of QTE's. Can easily layer that on top of a video. That said, it looks like the mystery has been resolved: It was the main screen video.
QTE’s are interactions you make between videos, that doesn’t describe the chase scene as you weren’t just pressing a button to see the next video.

Rykan

QTE’s are interactions you make between videos
Huh? No? Interactivity on top of videos has literally been done decades ago. It's especially popular on the Megadrive CD add on.
, that doesn’t describe the chase scene as you weren’t just pressing a button to see the next video.
I know, I'm just saying that "its interactive" doesn't mean that it's not a video being played.

rofif

Banned
Only the part with clones is fmv and part with neo to show the switch from fmv to cgi.
Digital foundry said this.

Lol it is real time. You control it

Top Bottom